Alice in Chains Cover, Nutshell ,General Critique

Rate this topic

Hello guys, I'm working on an Alice In Chains cover, it's in progress, I have yet to mix it and add the bass parts and finishing touches.

I'd like a general critique of my voice and singing, I started singing a few months ago, I've been told I'm a baritone, I personally don't feel comfortable listening to my own voice for some reason, and am not confident about it, however most people do tell me I have a good voice and I can sing, some though are just indifferent about it.

I would appreciate it if I could get to know the pros/cons of my type of voice, as well as what areas I should work on so I can better myself.

Thank you! Awaiting replies :)

http://www.reverbnation.com/grungemaniac1/songs

One of my favorite AIC songs and I think you did pretty good. Pitch is good, I don't normally like airy falsettos but yours has a certain charm to it. Complements the chest voice nicely, but somehow I think you would sound even better if you added slightly more presence in the verses.That's just my opinion and if you asked me on the street, I'd say you have a good voice and could sing.  :) If I was at a bar and you were singing this song, I'd stay for more.

One of my favorite AIC songs and I think you did pretty good. Pitch is good, I don't normally like airy falsettos but yours has a certain charm to it. Complements the chest voice nicely, but somehow I think you would sound even better if you added slightly more presence in the verses.That's just my opinion and if you asked me on the street, I'd say you have a good voice and could sing.  :) If I was at a bar and you were singing this song, I'd stay for more.

Thank you so much, I appreciate the kind words extremely :) Noted about adding more presence in the verses. Will implement it, I can understand that notion you gave since Layne's voice and timbre was really really bright on every AIC song.

I am not sure who told you that you are a baritone but A) you are not and B) it doesn't matter in popular music.

Your voice sounds fine, live with it.

And I think you did a good job on this.

Thank you for the compliment :D

It's quite surprising to know I'm not a baritone, I know it isn't important in contemporary music but each category does have it's own 'flavor' in itself, that's why I was curious.

Any other pointers and heads up would be greatly appreciated.