Healthy distortion and extreme sounds

Rate this topic

Sexy Beast

It sounds good. I can do distortion for like an hour and not go hoarse, but I can never tell by the sound of someone's voice. Even in my own voice, it can sound good and feel bad.

If you do this kind of thing how does it feel? When it feels good for me, it feels almost 'above' or out of my throat, like buzzing there. I can still feel buzzing, I can still feel something going on, but when it feels bad it feels more 'in my throat.'

By the way, some of the distortion (the crackling part) is the sound clipping from either the mic or the audio file. That can happen if you are singing too loud for the mic's current sensitivity. Turning down the sensitivity (in windows) or pre amp if the mic has one can often help.

I don't know if it is healthy and I am certainly no expert. I would call that a rattle, and a really neat one. I liked it. Question is, can you do this in an endurable fashion when you want to? I would not expect you to sing like this all the time and you may certainly not want to do so. But occasional stuff like this is a nice spice to add.

Question is, can you do this in an endurable fashion when you want to?

I think I can do at least a full song like that. Doesn't feel bad just crazy...

When it feels good for me, it feels almost 'above' or out of my throat

Yeah I would say I maybe feel it around the soft palate area.

I think I can do at least a full song like that. Doesn't feel bad just crazy...

Yeah I would say I maybe feel it around the soft palate area.

Keep trying it then. If you go hoarse and it feels like garbage, rethink it. Almost anything in excess can cause problems. You can gradually up the time it is used and possibly perfect it a bit too.

I've been finding I've been isolating my distortion more as time goes on. When I first found it there were unecessary things going on. So if you can isolate exactly what is needed it can help.