Passenger - Let Her Go Cover

Rate this topic

Actually it has been sometime i didnt make new cover, but recently i learn some new things about singing technique so i'd like to experiment with it. Hopefully you guys can leave feedbacks thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUZdjFTPXWo

Thanks ronws for the feedback, yup i really had problem when singing English songs with many sss in its lyrics. Is there any way to fix it? Anyway i've been learning from youtube about classical singing technique recently, it did improve my tone and sounds fuller but im not sure if its my natural singing voice. Before this i've been learning speech level singing technique but i had problems of switching to different kind of tone when getting higher in my range, my singing sounds weak and lacking of power.

I like this song which was introduced to me on this forum, although the original singer has a pretty exotic timbre.

I think you are maybe a bit echoing compared to the backing track in addition to the sssing thing. I like your phrasing, and the movement in your voice which sounds emotional to me, but it sounds like it could be refined a bit.

Some of the vocal movement is a bit slurred, not just from the essing, just lots of bent notes. If you were to maybe bend 40 percent less notes legato way and speed up a few of the bends here and there it might go in a more mainstream direction. I like bendy singing but you might want to experiment with teleporting to the next note a bit. 

It's up to your desire as an artist as this already communicates something. I hear an element of character and charisma in there, but I think it could be more accesible while still retaining some of your charm, if that is a goal.