Rate this topic

Elvis

Well as it seems im pushing my chest voice way up high and i did nog release. I tried working on lightening the mass. I was wonderinggif this is actually a head voice.

I was surprised how easy it was to go up and dowm in this configuration and it seemed preety fullband connected TO ME. There are some clunks but i just got this down so ofc its far from perfect.

Jens helped with his video about falsetto and yawning.

Tell me what you think.

https://app.box.com/s/ub8l62pvyta81vuj08p2b8gm9puxitfu

Sounded like voluminous one voice to me. Don't worry, the cracks will go away as you get accustomed to the coordination. I like the definition of "chest" as the amount of volume and ring that you have, regardless of the note. So, yes, a strong head voice is the key, in my humble opinion, to having one voice that sounds "chest" wherever you want it to sound.

I might also suggest that while sirens are great, that you try them inverted. Start high, descend, and rise back up, again. Mainly because the lifelong habit is to start low and carry up. Starting high takes you out of the "comfort zone." And you get into that new coordination faster.

Those sounded connected, but as ronws said try top down sirens... Start in a heady position to begin and descend. One you have the heady position and it's connected, work on keeping that same connection as you descend.

You are blending nicely. Try getting just a hair more of fold closure. Let up on the support just a hair if you need to. Crackly usually means not enough fold closure. While breaking apart usually means not enough closure and too powerful support. So you kind of have to determine and listen to your body....am I being lazy with my folds?? Or are they at there max and I am blowing them apart with my body support. However, you have to really try to blow your folds apart, if you only use your lower muscles to support with, which is a nice benefit. The chest muscles are a different story.

From the sounds of it you are being a little lax with closure.

They asked Pavarotti in an interview "How do you sing such a powerful b natural??" which apparently was his big break in his voice. He closed his fist and said lots of closure, delicate support. This of course is paraphrased as it was in Italian, alot of it was said with action. But you get my point I am sure.

But you are sounding good though. Soon enough you will be singing shes gone by steel heart lol

Tbh im having hard time recreating this sound xD...its late now but im gonna try finding this configuration tomorrow..

Thanks bros

Borrow a little work ethic from Jens. If it is new to you, practice the new coordination for no more than 5 minutes a day, and the do your other stuff. Sometimes, too much all at once throws you off and you get discouraged.

Started off good and that is what you want to aim for. And it's okay to be shaky at first. A good point Anthony Frisell and others have made is that too many students, and some enabling teachers, want to go to "pro" sound right out of the gate. The shaky wobbles you have later in the file where you get a little crack will go away with practice. And just remember, it is okay to hold back on air a little bit, even as a "mental" thing and that will smooth over some cracks.

You will get there in no time. And the advantage of practicing no more than a few minutes is that you don't learn the mistakes or cracks as much. Does that make sense? When you practice, only practice the right thing and stop when it goes awry. 

I have learned that the hard way. Sometimes, when you are tired or wearing out, your body memorizes the fatigue and the mistake continues. Instead, it is better to have shorter practice sessions of the right thing than a bunch of time for the wrong thing.

Keep doing what you are doing, in my opinion.