Singing ranges in college

Rate this topic

Mizukichan123

My friends and i are going to take chorus in college, and i would like to know acceptable voice ranges for college. I do not know my friend's voice ranges yet,but i do know one of my friends is a baritone . My voice range is a3 to d6 , but with vocal fry i can sing down to f3 but i strain and can hit up to f6 or g6 if i aam warmed up i do not count it as it resonates in my ear.

none of those extreme notes count for a chorus, they won't care much at all about the extremes of your range. for a chorus find the octave and a half that's most comfortable for you to sing in and that's what counts. either way based on your notes you are probably a soprano 1 since you would be straining on alto notes and your top end goes way higher than they would ever need so they'd probably put you on the higher side of sopranos. have fun singing all the melodies LOL  :)

I know i will probly sing soprano 1 or 2 but i am trying to find my friends's voice range so i am looking for general ranges like for soprano 1 and 2 ,alto 1 and 2 , tenor 1 and 2:, and bass 1and 2 for colleges . I have not been in chorus yet but my dad is a singer so i learned from him, for example my 14 year old brother can sing up to c7.

I do not have chorus but the chorus teacher at my school has told me that i am a soprano but she never defined the ranges between soprano 1 and 2 . I asked my friends who have chorus about it , but they do not know the ranges for each part .