Rate this topic

Elvis

I finally got my hands on a copy of 4Pillars.

I wanted to do a thread where i will track proggress of my voice. Im gonna include the stuff i have recorded now and i am going to update this thread every 2-3 months with content after studiying Pillars.

Just wanted for myself and you guys to hear how its going along.

P.s. gonna steal 2 posts just so i keep it organised :)

I think this thread is a good idea and you have some good tags. So, if it is a while, all you have to do is go to the tag field and pick "progression," for example, and then when you make a new post, it goes back to the front of the line, just under the pinned threads.

Hey, hows it going in here?  Did you get set up and dive into the program?

Robert im having tons of fun. Read the book already and watched everything.

Been doing foundation building routine, and singercizing the WHOLE day xD...also i tried doing some of the pentatonics just for fun, and my god are they fun.

I dont know if its crazy to say it, but in only 3 days i can feel the stability when i sing and do exercises in my comfortable range (c3-g4)  it feels more solid and ive been able to do a nice vibrato on G4 which i couldnt do before.

Resonant Tracking is beast, and the way my voice feels after doinf it is really awesome, cant really explain it but its a positive feeling :)

• Administrator

Robert im having tons of fun. Read the book already and watched everything.

Been doing foundation building routine, and singercizing the WHOLE day xD...also i tried doing some of the pentatonics just for fun, and my god are they fun.

I dont know if its crazy to say it, but in only 3 days i can feel the stability when i sing and do exercises in my comfortable range (c3-g4)  it feels more solid and ive been able to do a nice vibrato on G4 which i couldnt do before.

Resonant Tracking is beast, and the way my voice feels after doinf it is really awesome, cant really explain it but its a positive feeling :)

Wow... what a great report!!!  Im thrilled!

1). "... in the shower, in the car, on a bad date... you are Mr. Buzz o Lot".

2). Yes, the pentatonic workouts are very fun... and so are the Grooves... try the workouts "The Rock Ballad" and "The Anthem of Reverie".

3). Its not crazy to say your voice feels more responsive and solid... you have finally kicked it off the couch and its not rehabilitating and getting healthy and resonant again. The vocal folds are getting stimulated... won't be too long and we'll have you belting the high stuff with the new belt techniques... but don't be in a hurry and just run head long into that, take your time with light mass configurations still for a while until you get all the coordination built and really understand the content in the FBR.

Keep us posted... this is great... give us some vocal samples....

Thanks guys..

Yea im taking my time with this...i completely stopped doing silly sounds just to satisfy my need for high notes e.g. b4 and up..my top note is A4 and for now im gonna leave it at that :)

Im focusing on quality of my onset and doing slow sirens only up to G4~ and trying the get the hang of the twang and dampening and pillars stuff in general  :)

Gonna upload a g4 sirens abit later today :)

• Administrator

^ You will only improve. Partially because Robert's product is good, partially because of you and your work ethic. 

Very true Ron, my product is good.... lol... It is actually!  I bust my ass on this thing... sent a new update to the book last night. Elvis, pull down a new update of the ebook today.

But Ron is right a good home study program doesn't mean squat if you don't have the heart and balls to practice and really do it. That is where most people wash out... The "I want it, I want it now and Im entitled to sound the way I want to" people, never make it. They end up sitting down on the trail and crying, "Its too hard"... This is old school bro,... no iphone apps here.... you got to roll up your sleeves and frickin work at it like me and Daniel and Felipe and people with BALLS.  Welcome to the "We got Training & Singing Balls" club... 

As primised here is the G4 siren

https://app.box.com/s/3dunz46u5ienbf2dvzd4geb3lx27et89

I felt a bit confident so i tried A4 and it actually sounded preety decent to my ears ;) probably the best A4 i ever did and it felt like a breeze to my throat...no strain absolutely

https://app.box.com/s/x4v879ylhwsq1r6mhyg9suti496thk8f

:)

I dug up an old G4 recording...this was taken a month ago or so...i think the difference is obvious

https://app.box.com/s/st6ve2epgs9l0ma7vqzp

• Administrator

Yes... this is good... the G4 was really good... the A4 was good... but could be better... you need to let the formant shift more on A4. Curl the tongue and listen for more "ae" in your auditory imagery... then guide it to the forward palette, Edging position... its a little heavy and shallow... you need brighter harmonics... but great job!

Now don't get too much in a hurry to celebrate... stay focused.... 

Yes... this is good... the G4 was really good... the A4 was good... but could be better... you need to let the formant shift more on A4. Curl the tongue and listen for more "ae" in your auditory imagery... then guide it to the forward palette, Edging position... its a little heavy and shallow... you need brighter harmonics... but great job!

Now don't get too much in a hurry to celebrate... stay focused.... 

Thank you Maestro!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

I realised i was pushing WAY too hard. As a tenor E4 was kinda effortless for me in belt mode so i tought im was up in my head voice (adducted falsetto) but i wasnt. I realised how to do it properly now and was able to get ALOT more strenght in my falsetto and make it sound full.

Its still far from usable or being usefull in singing situation but i feel progress every day and im sure in a few months things will be changing preety substantially.

Will try to upload some vocal samples to show what im doing. It might be wrong but the sound that comes out is preety full (or fuller xD).

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to get a feeling of head voice doing sirens from lower to higher note and that has been very helpfull but doing it top down has given me even more of that feeling.

Now im doing Wind and Relese Onsets after im finished with practising just to get the feeling of connection from top to lower notes.

Now i just wanna know if this is head voice or falsetto and if this is beneficial for my voice to be doing. It doesent sound so airy to me like a fully open glottis but i guess its still has some bleed.

https://app.box.com/...rfok9bn5oo5zte8 - first i did a falsetto note for placement sake so ignore that first note xD

• Administrator

Thanks buddy... I appreciate it... I'm realizing its probably time to set up a special TVS Group for my clients... we can do the same thing for other coaches... 

IMO, setting up these "special groups" would be an awesome enhancement for TMV World !

Great Coach !!!

• Administrator

IMO, setting up these "special groups" would be an awesome enhancement for TMV World !

Great Coach !!!

Yes, its time... we can get a "Daniel" group in here and a "Felipe" group and whom ever wants to have the service.. pretty easy to set up... its coming.

quick update:

I played around with Q&R and the phonation in top notes are considerably less breathy and airy.

https://app.box.com/s/art5u0h8xkxqyy2i3iedr8prpww80rod - this is one of the fullest notes i was able to do (first octave sweep had a break but second was better). I did a few better ones but i didnt record them.

Im slowly seeing progress and it makes me feel good.. Still far from what it needs to be but at least its not full falsetto mode. :P

Be patient... it takes a while to get there. It is like going to the gym to work out your extrinsic muscles.

Actually im preety surprised with the speed of proggress. I personally tought it will be MUCH slower. Like it would take months to feel any change but instead its happening preety rapidly. And im being very VERY patient considering my nature being preety rash and "heand into the wall" kinda thing.

I think you are going to move a lot faster than other students because you are so dedicated and focused. True, having the right teacher is a big plus but learning is a partnership with the student having equal responsibility. And I don't think anyone doubts your resolution and forward "head into the wall" drive. Plus that haircut helps with the head forward look.

Plus the hopes of quitting smoking, which will also add stress to you. So, don't be afraid to go round around as Olaf. Then come back, say a few reps of "goosenfrabe" from the movie "Anger Management."

And keep working on the having patience thing.

I think you are going to move a lot faster than other students because you are so dedicated and focused. True, having the right teacher is a big plus but learning is a partnership with the student having equal responsibility. And I don't think anyone doubts your resolution and forward "head into the wall" drive. Plus that haircut helps with the head forward look.

Plus the hopes of quitting smoking, which will also add stress to you. So, don't be afraid to go round around as Olaf. Then come back, say a few reps of "goosenfrabe" from the movie "Anger Management."

And keep working on the having patience thing.

Im alreday rubbing my earlobes Ron... Goosenfrabeeee