Hey guys, this time I try a different style

Please let me know what do you think

Thanks in advance!

btw, anyone knows how to change a nickname on the forum?  :D

https://app.box.com/s/siqwdj2cbvoakhfplawmpytg1j2n7rt5

Please, review and critique my latest post: Donny Hathaway - A song for you

souncloud: https://soundcloud.com/matias-azar-

• TMV World Legacy Member

It rocks. I'll give a more in depth listen when I get a bit more time, but was this the plan all along? To be our very own Bono, build up to your U2 cover and change it?

You're so Bono already. You sound good on U2 songs. (And no I don't know how to change it, lol, probably would have to ask admin).

I liked it. You sound really good on this and you are certainly cleaner and smoother than Bono. (I am cursed by trivia, I keep thinking of him by his given name, Paul Hewson.)

Believe it or not, I was planning on covering this song and even started a project file on it about a month or so ago but I have not moved forward with it. I was trying to create my own music track for it but have not really worked out the arrangement.

Well done on the falsetto-ish ending, even if it was not falsetto for you. If I were to advise on recording editing, I would drop the track volume on that part and put a little more reverb on it to give the echo quality of the original recording. Which has no bearing on anything just a "what if" thing about editing. Show off that fine singing you were doing.

So I'm trying to put on my singer's hat and it's tough cause your voice on this song rocks. I just want to ride along with the emotion of the song and not think about anything else. You have a great swagger out of pure ballads and sound great on rock songs.

Alright, another listen, gonna try again. Ok, the share and care rhyme were very emotional and the note was breaking up.

I can't do it, dude, pick a song you rock less on. I hear glimpses of little things that could be polished but I don't want them to be. It's rock n roll.

Great job - your voice is made for this song!

Thank you, bro!!

Sounds awesome.....sorry to nitpick. But 4:14 sounds slightly off. Maybe coz I am hearing this on iPad speakers I dont know

Thank you, dude!! yes, you are right, I notice I´m also off on other few places

So I'm trying to put on my singer's hat and it's tough cause your voice on this song rocks. I just want to ride along with the emotion of the song and not think about anything else. You have a great swagger out of pure ballads and sound great on rock songs.

Alright, another listen, gonna try again. Ok, the share and care rhyme were very emotional and the note was breaking up.

I can't do it, dude, pick a song you rock less on. I hear glimpses of little things that could be polished but I don't want them to be. It's rock n roll.

Thank you very much Killer for your kind words :) the original idea was to cover "Pride", but seems a little difficult so far 

You got soft and beautiful voice, i like it very much :)

Thank you very much!! :)

Believe it or not, I was planning on covering this song and even started a project file on it about a month or so ago but I have not moved forward with it. I was trying to create my own music track for it but have not really worked out the arrangement.

Now that I think about it, maybe we can do a cover of U2 someday, how you see yourself doing Edge armonies?

Nice! Great voice and interpretation throughout! I felt that the volume of the backing track was too low in the beginning, but afterwards it picked up. Keep them coming, especially the ones from the early days of U2, my favorite. Keep on rocking Bono!

Awesome cover bro!!!

Also to change nick go to My Setting in the Menu on the top right of the page than select display name in my settings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! Great voice and interpretation throughout! I felt that the volume of the backing track was too low in the beginning, but afterwards it picked up. Keep them coming, especially the ones from the early days of U2, my favorite. Keep on rocking Bono!

Thank you!!!

Awesome cover bro!!!

Also to change nick go to My Setting in the Menu on the top right of the page than select display name in my settings ;)

Thank you Elvis!! was joking, not really planning to change my nick :D