This is what happens when you try to sing like your favorite singers..

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey guys, I wanted to share two more clips with you all. Just like the Queensryche song, this was done 2 years ago in one take, no warm-ups. I had no idea what I was doing, I still don't know what I was doing as I listen to these :) But these are songs I did originally by Soundgarden and Symphony X. Cornell and Russell Allen are one of my top favorite vocalists ever, and it's really difficult to pull their stuff off, and I can tell ya, I've failed at it, haha. But I wanted to see what you guys think. I really appreciate your time listening to this and am thankful for any comments and criticism :). Thanks...and try not to cringe, ha.

"Jesus Christ Pose" http://www.box.net/shared/bxm4dii3yu

"Wicked" http://www.box.net/shared/zqycj59flq

Well, i must say, this is amazing stuff. I like your raspy tone. I don´t think you failed at all even though i haven´t heard the song "wicked", but it sure sounded good. I just heard some minor flaws in the "Jesus christ pose". One thing i especially noted where you seemed to be out of breath after the high part in the line "in your jesus christ pose" since you skipped the beginning of the phrase. Sometimes you could hear Chris Cornell in the background and that makes it difficult to evaluate your voice there. But i must say, you really got talent and i hope you sing in a band so people could hear your fantastic voice.

Cheers, Ola!

Hey Stan,

Enormous potential there. Your midrange sounded killer and your voice in general close to Cornell's.

You sound like you could tackle a Dio song , you've got a very strong voice.

I guess when you apply what you know now you'll nail these songs 100%.

Looking forward to hearing updated versions,

Thanos

I know it's very common and natural for singers to apologize on behalf of their own voices (so you can say "hey, I told you it sucked", or something), but you really need to stop doing that! *Slaps Stan in the face* LOL. You are a great singer and just need confidence and stop apologizing. I say, just be yourself, be polite, respect other singers and other bands, keep on rocking, have fun, brush your teeth, look both ways before crossing the streets (just kidding :) ), etc. ... and just enjoy your voice and sing your heart out. Perhaps you need to work a bit your your breath support but you have all the potential in the world my friend and don't need to worry. Those were some great vocals. For your next audio files, either say "here are some excellent vocals I just recorded..." :) or "here is some stuff I did - hope you like it". I don't want to come off too harsh, but ... "Slaps Stan in the face again". And I know Jiu Jitsu, it's no use slapping back!

Cheers, my friend!

Guys, I appreciate your comments A TON! Thank you for your time! I'm glad you guys see potential in me, that makes me feel really confident. Jonpall, thanks for slapping me, lol. I say what I say because...well, how can you be on the same level as Cornell and Russell?!! You can't!! It just can't happen! I'm still having a hard time singing their songs. But I'll make it, I know it.

Thanks jonpall and the rest of you for listening, means a lot to me to hear your thoughts.

Yes you CAN be on the level of Cornell, Russell and whoever you want, if you want it bad enough and have talent - like YOU do! Why the (*auto edit*)/headvoice should we put ourselves "below" anyone, no matter how good they are? That, IMO, is the attitude of a winner and I personally want to be on that team. I'd rather go down in flames trying instead of giving up. If I fail, at least I took a good shot at my goals (we all have our own, different goals) and had a blast doing it.

Sorry for "slapping" you, lol, but James Lugo kind of did that to me a few months ago on this forum and it really woke me up! He said something like "Wtf are you doing? Your voice sounds like you've been given the keys to a Porche and you're driving it round and round in the parking lot. It's time to get up and see what this baby can do!". Maybe a bit too dramatic but it worked for me :)

Stan,

I don't have much experience with this type music, but I do hear someone singing his *%&! off! Great job man! I like the intense vocal effects you are doing. Not real sure what they are though. :lol:

Yes you CAN be on the level of Cornell, Russell and whoever you want, if you want it bad enough and have talent - like YOU do! Why the (*auto edit*)/headvoice should we put ourselves "below" anyone, no matter how good they are? That, IMO, is the attitude of a winner and I personally want to be on that team. I'd rather go down in flames trying instead of giving up. If I fail, at least I took a good shot at my goals (we all have our own, different goals) and had a blast doing it.

Sorry for "slapping" you, lol, but James Lugo kind of did that to me a few months ago on this forum and it really woke me up! He said something like "Wtf are you doing? Your voice sounds like you've been given the keys to a Porche and you're driving it round and round in the parking lot. It's time to get up and see what this baby can do!". Maybe a bit too dramatic but it worked for me :)

Well written. Amen.

• 3 weeks later...

Horns Up \m/ You've got Cornell's tone down!!

Hey basil, what's up?

Thanks for the comment. I don't think I got Cornell's tone down, but I'm getting there :)