Newbie singer needs opinions

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi

I am actually a guitarist and a drummer but i deicided i wanted to learn how to sing too. So i recorded myself singing Diamonds and rust by Judas Priest. I know i aint good at singing but i want to evolve and get better. The high notes are a trouble for me. And also i cant hear when im off pitch. So what do you ppl think? Is it impossible for me?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0roBcNzpz0O

That is really hard song to cover because that is Metal God Rob Halford back there. King Diamond can do those high notes :) but i think you sound good at the lower parts, keep singing bro :)

Actually, you are singing with more distortion than Rob is using in either the earlier JP version that was fast, or this modern acoustic version they came up with to honor the songwriter, Joan Baez. In some cases, I think worrying about the distortion is allowing your pitch to wander. But otherwise, you do have a sound similar to his.

Good for a first effort but you might want to work on your timing, a little.

Yeah i know my timing sucks. But the problem is that im a baritone and i always wanted to be a tenor. Can a baritone reach tenor range with a little bit of practice?

Yeah i know my timing sucks. But the problem is that im a baritone and i always wanted to be a tenor. Can a baritone reach tenor range with a little bit of practice?

As far as I know, such terminology is mostly used in classical singing and describes in which register the singer is most comfortable. Don't let mental boundaries hold you back; you learn what you practice :)

You have potential!

Also, I believe I hear a Swedish accent; am I correct? :D