Headier Placements

Rate this topic

Elvis

Hey guys!

So im trying to do my Pillars training as best as possible but i seem to have a hard time finding headier placements on my lower head notes. On B4 and up its easy to find that headier placement but its still weak and im just trying to get those lower notes first.

Im trying to phonate a G4 in a headier placement but i just seem to be belting it out. Its easy to belt that G4 but i really dont want to do it that way so i can continue to practice.

https://app.box.com/s/qsrmy4qaof1e0cupijg4hvt4ce7x3b5s - this is a G4..im trying to go as heady as i can but this doesent seem to be it. Its either this or falsetto.

Ill include a C5 just so you can hear the difference in aproach.

https://app.box.com/s/u0ta2rfl7jo5wwas39zjg97c63mog05s - this is C5.. it is weak and windy but its not pure falsetto..i need more adduction...this is purely for seeing the difference.

• Administrator

i seem to have a hard time finding headier placements on my lower head notes. On B4 and up its easy to find that headier placement but its still weak and im just trying to get those lower notes first.

Train Q&R Onsets, Messa di Voce Onsets, A&R Onsets.... you just need to build the muscular strength... and get in front of me to make sure your doing it right... I suspect you are constricting on low M2 or can't get any anchoring ... one or the other... You need to strengthen and coordinate.  Put a link in here so we can hear it.

Train Q&R Onsets, Messa di Voce Onsets, A&R Onsets.... you just need to build the muscular strength... and get in front of me to make sure your doing it right... I suspect you are constricting on low M2 or can't get any anchoring ... one or the other... You need to strengthen and coordinate. Put a link in here so we can hear it.

I shared a G4 that im trying to getvas headier as possible. And i also shared a C5 with Q&R

The thing is..i tried lift up pull back..i tried Mesa di Voce onset..i always end up with this sound on my G4 like i shared in this clip...and im not sure but i think thats beltig more so than actually bridging to HV.

Sounds to me like your moving the placement on the way down. Stay in the upper placement, support more( that doesn't mean waste more air) push down and out with the abdomen and firm your upper lip, curl your upper lip firmly up toward your nose, keep the sound resting on top of your upper lip. Also sounds to me like your shy on top there, the approach is important, but once you belt that top note , keep it firm and don't back down. This for training and development of control. In a song do what you like.