How to Know if You're Singing Correctly

Rate this topic

Frangcon-Daives - "When I sing, I feel as if I have no throat at all."

I wonder, is Felicia related to Christina Ricci, the actress? Kind of a similar look.

Anyway, I like her thoughts. It is not a thing against diligent work, more like a way to make sure your work is effective.

And now I know why I can sing high without much effort. Just look at my avatar. I wake up looking like a weird and scary clown.

:(

Videohere, i was ready to respond but after i read your comment that i agree with the bolted:

Great video Fel.  May I just offer my 2 cents?  I have found that "comfortable and relaxing" can easily be misinterpreted.  Depending on the singer, the beginner can end up under training.  There still needs to be a certain degree of focused effort and the management of tension. The key is to know how to differentiate good tension from bad tension.

Tension and strain, folds must be tensed to sing but not strained (over-tensed). Thats the point i understand she is talking about. Even when exploring new ground there could be some "weirdness" but not discomfort. One clear example that comes to mind is high notes, try to reach your highest note and even go higher, if you push, youre simply done (strain), it needs a softer, lighter approach (tension). I think youre saying same thing with different words.

She seems cool but my friend was interested in her belting crash course so I checked it out too to make sure it was safe and she spammed our inboxes like nobody's business, lol. I know you've got to make the sale, but the sheer repetition of it, dunno if that works. If it does more power to her. Either way poor girl got put on my spam list. :D

I just commented under her post about the comfortable and relaxed comment.

I find that comfortable and relaxed can be easily misunderstood and people end up under doing it.

Don't worry, Bob, for as long as singers exist they will push chest. I've been teaching my friend something closer to the 'relax' method over  the Bob method, and she runs off and shouts when she's no longer under my eye. I've heard some recordings where she was pumped. The difference is she isn't going hoarse anymore when getting pumped and pushing a little. It didn't magically reverse those instincts.

She seems cool but my friend was interested in her belting crash course so I checked it out too to make sure it was safe and she spammed our inboxes like nobody's business, lol. I know you've got to make the sale, but the sheer repetition of it, dunno if that works. If it does more power to her. Either way poor girl got put on my spam list. :D

Its been a while since i subed for the same reason and i dont remember being spammed, its a three part ocurse if i remember correctly, are sure it wasnt the correct mails?

If i only knew to release into head than going "all in" when i started, now i think strain is part of my singing, seems like natural and i need a lot more - mental - effort to release than belt!