All of Me (Beginner Challenge) - Real Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey all, new poster here. This is my first real attempt to record as a vocalist, though I did some rapping in high school.

I figured I join in on the fun by recording something light over Felipe's backing track... I only did the first half, so the torture should be over as soon as it begins.

Version 2 (I feel much better about this one):

https://app.box.com/s/4zuf1l36tdghkzele97cqaixobwuo9tk

Edit: Had to bring the song more into my comfort zone :P

Not too bad Real. The falsetto sounded great believe it or not.

The main thing about the lower part is just being a little too light. Most likely from being the first time you recorded anything.

Cool. Thanks for joining.

Edit: let me clarify this a little.....You are not singing too light for this song.....those little wobbles were from singing light and not holding on to the note.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

I liked it. As good as Elvis' version. You have a great tone and I liked your interpretation and what you did with some of the melody line.

Because someone could possibly due a rock version or metal version, which of course, would require a different backing track for instrument timbres.

I'd say you should work this up into a full length version.

And I can like it because I am not a judge or will decide who "wins" the challenge.

Thank you Ron and MDEW. My speaking voice is quite low and raspy, so to follow John above middle C I'd need to use a bit of volume, which i can't do in my living arrangement.

I tried to use about 30% volume, and the mushy/wobbly first version was the result.

I had a window of about an hour today where I could record, so i tried some different approaches. I found one I felt more confident in and posted it at the top. Still pretty light though.

Thank you Ron and MDEW. My speaking voice is quite low and raspy, so to follow John above middle C I'd need to use a bit of volume, which i can't do in my living arrangement.

I tried to use about 30% volume, and the mushy/wobbly first version was the result.

I had a window of about an hour today where I could record, so i tried some different approaches. I found one I felt more confident in and posted it at the top. Still pretty light though.

Trust me, I understand. You have to strike when the inspiration is hot, regardless of having ideal circumstances, or not.

And I really do like your voice. I am not very much into r&b and Hall and Oates was about as close as I would normally get. And I keep telling myself that one day I am going to cover "Rich Girl," my favorite song by them, Plus, I like watching Daryl's show, "Live at Daryl's House." Watching that, I discover that he is actually more of a blues type of singer, which is cool. And the visiting performer will sing one of his songs and he will sing back-up to his own song. Now, that's humility.

One of my favorite episodes of that is when he invited the Neon Trees. That woman really does play the drums with a John Bonham expression and rock-solid timing like Taylor Hawkins.