Should I give up singing?

@Jameel

I have no idea, maybe you should, maybe not, what do you want to do?

I listenned to the sample, there is a lot of work ahead if you choose to sing, I believe you will need help to get to your goals and its probably going to take a lot of discipline and patience. Picture a long road ahead, but results are possible.

So, what will it be?

• TMV World Legacy Member

@Jameel

I have no idea, maybe you should, maybe not, what do you want to do?

I listenned to the sample, there is a lot of work ahead if you choose to sing, I believe you will need help to get to your goals and its probably going to take a lot of discipline and patience. Picture a long road ahead, but results are possible.

So, what will it be?

Definitely going to do what the guys here advised me to and keep working on it. I know i got a long road ahead of me but i guees i just needed some reassurance. 

Giving up is for losers.  If you are really passionate, don't give up, but be ready to put in hard yards.  Nobody runs a marathon without physical preparation.  Singing is like that.  It takes time, effort and patience.  If you do things right, you will be surprised how far you can go.. 

If you want to improve, the best way is to purchase a copy of the Pillars and spend time on this forum.  There are amazing teachers here.. 

The first step is to realize that you can improve.  The use of vowels are important. You learn to control how much effort you are putting into the sound. Control how soft or loud you are singing. Pay attention to how your voice changes during different kinds of emotional responces, you use those elements to control your sound. When you are sad your voice is soft and quiet, Happy a little stronger on the voice, Mad strong and forcefull. There are certain Physical things beyond your control that happen when you are crying and laughing, learn how to do them on purpose. When crying your vocal folds will thin out and you speak with a higher pitch, this is one of the elements when singing higher. A similer thing happens when laughing but kind of in the opposite direction.

If you have heard about using support in singing, this happens naturally when you are laughing, also when laghing your throat opens up and your soft palate lifts. Have you tried to speak in the middle of a belly laugh? You speak a whole lot higher and the tone is solid.

Anyway pay attention to how your voice works and experiment with making different sounds. Get a coach if you can, Robert has a great program and believe me, if you really want to know how the voice works, you will find more information in his package "The Four Pillars of Singing" than anywhere else.

No one is guanteed to get a recording contract or be famous no matter how good. Do not let that be your goal. That leads to frustration. Sing because you love to sing. Improve because you want to improve not because of some dream of being famous.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

I've been doing exercises all day trying to improve, GSoul gave me a lot of helpful tips and i even recorded another cover. I'm so excited to see the progress I'm doing and i want to thank all of you for inspiring me    :D

I just think this is a weird question, singing/music is superfun :) If you dont like it then stop, but if your one of those who dream of becoming the next Justin Bieber and judge If you should go on or not... Well I just find that childish :P

Singing is a passion, IF you got that passion or not noone here but you can tell cheers

Cool, my mention of walking generated some heat. "I've got the power ..."

I was in one of my more indelicate moods. Jameel, I must seem insensitive to you and I am not. You are going to be fine and a great singer. And just like all great singers, you will get there by working at, but working smartly, I might add.

Let me just add that there are only few better fellings than getting good at what you love. Consider it a hobby and really work as much as you can. Voice is a beautiful instrument and its free. Take care of it and train it. You will be amazed when you see what youvare capable of.