The Sentinel by Judas Priest - 3rd try 2015

Rate this topic

Olem

Ok, so, trying it again i was very focused on pitch. It´s a damn hard song and i am not 100 % successful but i think it is my best effort so far. Please, tell me what you think. Thanx in advance/ Ola

Thanx, for listening, Enander and Pekka! 

When i listen to my cover i can hear two different voices/modes. Especially when i listen to the  phrase  "Seeeeen - ti - nel" in the chorus it seems i approach the "Seeen" in two different ways: One way is "chestier" than the other, i guess if it was an E5 instead of D5 it would sound more uniform because i don't have any choice there (well i have but it would be too exhausting). Mostly, I approach it as "chesty" as i could because  I have noticed that since the previous phrase "tempt not the blade all fear the" is in an A4 (i think) and that, at least for me,  is very chesty both in sensation and how it sounds, i get a problem  if i back off too much. If the "Seee" sounds more heady then the whole  chorus  would sound a little strange with two different sounds. But sometimes i am too tired and back off to not crack. Well. I hope you understand what i mean. Any thoughts on this? 

Also, it is about the mix. I used A LOT of delay/reverb and sometimes you could hear an echo from an earlier phrase into another which is a little irritating. I also use alot of  - compression - 8:1 i think and an equalizer where i cut anything below 300 hz. I also use a hi-pass filter. How would you mix a song like this?