What Song can't you Stop Listening to Lately?

Rate this topic

Gsoul82

On 6/12/2015 at 6:05 PM, Bono said:
On 6/12/2015 at 0:44 PM, VideoHere said:
On 6/11/2015 at 6:34 PM, Bono said:

I love this song, and the guy really knows how to use his mixed voice. This may be a bit mellow for my rock friends; but I guess that at least this will please Gsoul ;)

This vocalist sounds a lot like stevie wonder.

To me Stevie Wonder has a lighter voice. I´m pretty sure Javier is a Lyric tenor; not sure about Stevie, would you put Stevie´s voice closer than Javier or Michael Jackson and Bruno Mars? 

I hear Stevie all throughout this.

This one is stuck to my head for a couple of weeks now and I'm pretty glad it's there, I grew up with this music. Mother Love Bone is the missing link between Hair-Metal and Grunge music. Great guitar tones and I love the vocals they rock while still keeping thing cool and relaxed. 

• 5 months later...

Bono was right. Half a year later, and I now know all the words to that song :lol:

Who knows how many times I've played it. Ended up looking through the rest of Javier's discography.

Lately, this has really been doing it for me. It's weird. I've known about this song for over a year, and I don't remember ever hearing that change-up at 2:38. I was listening to it again, about 2 weeks ago. I still remember saying, "Wow", out loud, at 4:16 :lol:

My favorite song on the radio lately was "A que no me dejas", Alejandro Sanz. That's another mystery of a voice! It seems he is a Tenor. He has lots of experience singing and composing. When I sing this, my voice asks me to resonate and vibrate, but his keeps there in that raspy style.

I have been using this as my "Training Song". By the time I can sing this the way I want to I will probably hate it. But it will be Awesome to my audience.

I need to an outfit like that.   I love the 70s.   BTW another band from Detroit.   Maybe I should move there and get inspiration.

Something in the water there? :D

On 12/17/2015 at 5:18 PM, Danielformica said:

WARNING CAN CAUSE VOCAL DEPRESSION AND A FEELING OF VOCAL FRUSTRATION

Damn!  Now that was heartfelt, beautiful control. Every note he sang sounded like it meant something to him. 

On 12/17/2015 at 4:08 PM, VideoHere said:

I've been studying these guys lately.  Man, what a life they had.

Brian Wilson is a harmonic genius, I don't think pop music will ever seen as great of an arranger ever again.  And back before he lost his voice in the 70s, his crooning was virtuosic.

• 10 months later...
On 12/19/2015 at 3:19 AM, Jeremy Mohler said:

Brian Wilson is a harmonic genius, I don't think pop music will ever seen as great of an arranger ever again.  And back before he lost his voice in the 70s, his crooning was virtuosic.

It's my understanding that most of what Brian sang was written by Jan Berry of Jan & Dean. Only a little was co-written with Brian. It took years before The Beach Boys gave Jan proper credit.

• 2 months later...

I had to clean up a collection of songs recorded by my brother who passed in 96. Although most of my family sings my brother Mike was the one who inspired me most because he was a writer and had a certain quality about his singing that is hard to gain if not within you already. All of his songs were recorded on cassette player, just him and his acoustic guitar. One of the tapes I came across was stretched and played too fast through any tape player. I used Audacity to adjust the speed and had to listen to it while I transferred to the computer. I did not remember hearing him sing/cover this  before and was not a true fan of the original singer. But those first few lines captured my attention.................."The screen door slams, and Mary's dress sways. Like a vision she dances across the porch, as the radio plays................."

Now I cannot get it out of my head.

• 2 months later...