First timer attempts Rainbow - Catch the Rainbow

• TMV World Legacy Member

Technically, brazilians speak Portugeuse but it is a latin language. To me, it sounds like european spanish, not castillian but with that kind of cadence. And it sounds different than the columbian accent, which sounds a little more central american. However, some of those accents can vary. I worked with a guy from Honduras and he had a european accent but I think that was from education. I have a crew member at work who is from El Salvador and he sounds like a spanish version of Christopher Walken. "Yo necessito mas cowbell!"

The other guys on our crews are from Mexico but their accents are different depending on what region and amount of education. The service tech is from Guadalajara but he speaks slowly and clearly, almost classically. Another guy, I call him a hillbilly because he is from the mountains and has an accent so thick, even in spanish, others have a challenge understanding him. His ah sound is what I would call "straight up."

One of my bosses (two owners of the company) has a wife who is from Bolivia. And she sounds "tex-mex" when she speaks in spanish. 

I have a bit of a handle on the midlands accent in England with good examples like Glenn Hughes and Tony Iommi. Though culture might affect accent, too. Rob Halford is from the midlands but he can sound liverpudlian at times. 

And my friend, Heath, from Manchester, sounded almost scottish when I first met him. But he is british-born, served as an SAS sniper in Bosnia.

Gneetapp, thanks for the encouragement. I don't think singers can afford to be too self conscious with all the strange noises and crazy faces we need to pull during practice! :-) As for recording I record the video and audio separately and sync it up in Windows movie maker. The camera audio alone isn't very good.

​Hi Anthony, thanks for the response. Yeah, I understand you record video and audio separately, but at the same time, right? So, I was wondering how you monitor while you are recording, as I didn't se you wearing a headphone. Unless you have your speaker playing the backing track, and you turn off monitoring of your microphone while you are recording. Still, you need to be careful to avoid the backing track being recorded by the microphone. Is that how you do it? Sorry for the persistence, but to me It looks way cooler to appear on the video without the headphones. Thanks again man.

No problem, I missed what you were specifically asking the first time round!

I just play the sound back in the room and sing through the mic. If I played just the vocal track you would be able to hear the other instruments bleeding through the mic. It's not the best way to do things but I don't currently own a decent set of studio headphones. I just keep the mic far away from the speakers and play the track quietly as I sing. Since the vocals get played over the same track in the final mix I don't see the harm in doing it this way for now.

No problem, I missed what you were specifically asking the first time round!

I just play the sound back in the room and sing through the mic. If I played just the vocal track you would be able to hear the other instruments bleeding through the mic. It's not the best way to do things but I don't currently own a decent set of studio headphones. I just keep the mic far away from the speakers and play the track quietly as I sing. Since the vocals get played over the same track in the final mix I don't see the harm in doing it this way for now.

There can be a bit harm if u use some effects like delay or echo. Cuz the feedback will delay the instrunentak that got picked up by mic and that can sound wierd xD..

But ussualy its fine :)