Please Review My Music. Thanks!

• TMV World Legacy Member

https://instagram.com/daeuss/

trying to work on my style and whatever else. Tell me anything lol

pretty new to singing and would love to have your input. Where can I improve, what am I good at already.  My influences are London O Connor, Post Malone, lucki ecks, Father, Yung Lean, and punk rock.

Thanks!

I think you have a cool style going - haven't heard of any of the people you listed, but this reminds me of a folky-indie/alternative type of thing like John Mayer meets Beck...or something. Anyways, these clips are really short so they don't show too much but I liked what I heard. Really mellow and almost blues-y. I didn't hear any typical vocal issues like pitch or timing, all of the stuff on that page just seemed representative of your style. I'd say keep going with what moves you and publish longer things so people can hear more of you! Thank you for sharing!

"The journey in between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place."
-B. De Angelis

My SoundCloud

I think you have a cool style going - haven't heard of any of the people you listed, but this reminds me of a folky-indie/alternative type of thing like John Mayer meets Beck...or something. Anyways, these clips are really short so they don't show too much but I liked what I heard. Really mellow and almost blues-y. I didn't hear any typical vocal issues like pitch or timing, all of the stuff on that page just seemed representative of your style. I'd say keep going with what moves you and publish longer things so people can hear more of you! Thank you for sharing!

cool style and yea john mayer meets beck describes it pretty well. I would recommend working on pitch i heard a few pitchy songs but love what your doing. 

​cool thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it. The genre i'm going for is mostly my own genre so any other tips or exercises to help improve my style would be nice.    -Daeus

I like your style. It is kinda fresh but influences from modern music are abvious. Therevare pitch issues but the overall tone is good. 

Also dont cater your music to anyone. It should be the expression of yourself. Otherwise your just anothet wishy washy looking for money and fame. And you really cant cater music to everyone.

and still want as much feedback from the community as a whole so I know where I stand. I don't want to release the tape if I have a sub-par singing voice so be completely honest.

bassically every 2-3 note you go out of pitch. its pitchy troughout. try matching the pitch with piano, and singing simple harmonies like twinkle twinkle little star and record yourself. then post it here so we can see if you are pitchy when doing that.

cool I think I might do a few vocal lessons. When I record I use auto-tune to help correct pitch (that is also "in" with the style I enjoy)

anything else ?

Not that i could think of...since it is your style and your original songs i wont really go into wether i like it or not, i can only comment on technical details and everything seems to be fine accept the pitch. So you are good :)

Btw auto-tune if used as an effect thats quite alright, but if you use it in normal signing there is nothing to be "in"...

cool man thanks a ton i'll keep working and I guess practice singing note for note with a piano. And yeah I agree auto-tune is very overused now, but the sound of being off pitch and having the computer pitch it up is popular in artists like future, makonnen, post malone. Btw is there a place to find people to collaborate with on this site? I just wrote a pretty piece and the chorus but I need a girl to sing the verse.

Thanks

Daeus

thanks for guiding me there just posted. If anyone else has some input it would be greatly appreciated, trying to figure out where I stand vocally.

Another little side note. We singers here are a proud lot. We often reject the use of autotune, though some pop music relies heavily on it as a part of the genre. We like the idea that we can sing with good pitch without using digital correction.

yeah I definitely see where you guys are coming from being anti-auto tune. I think its awesome to see a great singer, but some people aren't as blessed and auto-tune is a good outlet so someone can still be an artist and express their creative skills.

yeah I definitely see where you guys are coming from being anti-auto tune. I think its awesome to see a great singer, but some people aren't as blessed and auto-tune is a good outlet so someone can still be an artist and express their creative skills.

Singing had nothing to do with being gifted or born to sing. Singing is a skill that is supposed to be learned. Noone was born as singer. Humans are not made for singing. Singing is man made thing. Its invented, and as such it must be learned.