Don't Save It All For Christmas Day - Céline Dion

• TMV World Legacy Member

Haven't posted here in a while since the transformation of the site - I've been training a lot since then though and wanted to share some things I've worked on. Last year I think I was singing with kind of a high larynx and heavy throat placement, but I have been trying to balance my voice for the past year. I also think my voice got...lower? Fuller? Or my vocal musculature just isn't done growing, not sure. The hardest part of this was definitely the high closed vowels and the bridge/end section.

I enjoy Christmas music all year-round, I know it's kind of weird but it just feels good. I sang this a fifth lower than the original and tried to match some of her inflections, but got rid of the high ad libs at the end since they weren't sitting right with me. Any and all feedback is welcome, and thanks for listening.

https://app.box.com/s/7i2unpu3pmi6yi76k9q4503p13mlahrj

"The journey in between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place."
-B. De Angelis

My SoundCloud

Hey Java, I remember some of your posts here. You have a beautiful voice, I really like the center of your voice, nice tone and color. However, from what I hear in this song, it seems that you are putting too much weight in your voice what makes it sound a little strained on the high notes. If you want to sing higher notes, you should lighten your voice

Edit:

I think you have this type of voice: 

Please, review and critique my latest post: Donny Hathaway - A song for you

souncloud: https://soundcloud.com/matias-azar-

Hey Java, I remember some of your posts here. You have a beautiful voice, I really like the center of your voice, nice tone and color. However, from what I hear in this song, it seems that you are putting too much weight in your voice what makes it sound a little strained on the high notes. If you want to sing higher notes, you should lighten your voice

Edit:

I think you have this type of voice: 

​Thanks for your comments Bono, for me it's always between trying to get weight in my higher range or keeping the mix balanced. I heard this guy once on The Voice Australia singing Broken Vow [The Josh Groban version, I think?] and this song is nothing like what I heard from him before, really poppy and less classically influenced. Anyway, thanks for the comparison!

Very beautiful voice you got Java.

​Thank you very much Pekka!

"The journey in between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place."
-B. De Angelis

My SoundCloud

Hey Java, I like your voice too! Could you please do some Jaheim or Teddy Pendergrass for me? I think your voice goes more in that direction.

True your voice needs a little fine tuning here and there but overall technically it's pretty decent. Don't try and make your voice smaller to reach higher notes, that's a bad idea...

Besides singing and teaching I also make beats and remixes. Check them out here: https://blend.io/sexybeast

Hey Java, I like your voice too! Could you please do some Jaheim or Teddy Pendergrass for me? I think your voice goes more in that direction.

True your voice needs a little fine tuning here and there but overall technically it's pretty decent. Don't try and make your voice smaller to reach higher notes, that's a bad idea...

​Thanks, Sexy Beast. I hadn't listened to Jaheim or Teddy Pendergrass before you posted, but I have been looking through their discography and will probably try something soon - I'm a little surprised that I would get this comparison since to my ears they sound so different and both do some really great soulful ad libbing in a lot of their work/have qualities I don't hear in my own voice. And thanks for the advice, I will try to work on a safer way of accessing high notes.

-B. De Angelis

My SoundCloud