• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello there! In the other one community they convice me i should NEVER sing. Whatever i do with my voice it is crap for them. I got a lot of songs and wanted to be recorded but now i`m not sure. They say not just "middle voice" or "nothing great" dut should NEVER sing. 

Can you help me tp figure out what is SO wrong with my voice or they just troll me

Please listen to the random cover on this link

http://www.mediafire.com/view/df23p3qjaoc4da9/acrr1.mp3

(mean English is not my native language)

I don't know what other forum you were on but never listen to that kind of criticism......Are there things to improve? yes , but we all have those little quirks and they can be helped.

One thing that I just discovered for my own tone is that I was holding the back of my tongue too high, pulling the larynx up and causing the sound to be too nasal. There are all kinds of things that can cause our tone to become  unbalanced and they can be fixed.

Your pitch was good.  You are getting a little too nasal, I think that is from trying to match the tone of the Beatles.....Don't do that.....Find your balanced tone and sing like you, not them. Just for the fun of it....try keeping your tongue touching your bottom teeth and see if your tone becomes more full and takes the bite, or nasal sound, out of your tone.

I am not a teacher......But....A good teacher or program can help you.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Thank you! Really. I do that. Probably it sounds riducouls. 

But if try to fix it then the other problem appears: how can i know is the sound just mine or actually wrong? When i sing like them i can say: almost similar, mean right. When i begin to find something i cant say it. 

Not sure what it will be if i try to sing like no other. 

Yes, other problems can appear. There are different aspects to a singers voice that  come together to make a good sound. How you breath....How you hold your tongue......How you shape your mouth.......which vowel to shade towards......on and on.  but balance in these things is a major factor.

And in this song you may be Too nasal or harsh in tone and another song you may be too "Dopey" or "Woofy" (The opposite of nasal). I don't know.....I have only heard part of one song.

With "Across the Universe" I would also end up trying to sound like the Beatles and it caused a similar problem of tone. For me I was too thin and Tinny sounding. Trying to sound like the Beatles I was raising my larynx and squeezing the chords together like swallowing......My tone is a broader but fuzzier sound than the Beatles......I have to sound NOTHING like the Beatles to actually sound good, free and balanced when singing a song like "Across the Universe".

Thank you! Taking your advice i tried to stop sing like them and begun just sing like me, like i pronounce my usual speech. Please tell me did i move a bit in right direction or everything went worse?? It very important for me. Just a few lines sung there.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/06z1fdx17vm8m8n/acr2.mp3

That is a bit better....heading in the right direction. The sound was not jammed up in your nose....Also, do not think of the words as being separate..... sometimes it is better to sing the phrase as one word........WordsAreFlowingOutLikeEndlessRain    IntoAPaperCup........Sing on the vowels......consonants stop the flow of air........

Again I am not a teacher and my advice may not be the best......But do not let others make you think that you should never sing....... You have taken the first steps by Recording and asking advice.......Listen to your recording......Think about it like it was someone else singing. What would you tell them?

Sing one steady note make it as bright and pingy as you can then see how deep and dopey you can make it.......somewhere about the mid point is what you want.......

And yes getting one thing straightened out can uncover other problems.  Balanced and relaxed is one thing to listen for in a good sound.

Listening back to your last recording the part where you almost forgot the words was more like what you are listening for. "They slither wildly........"  You relaxed while trying to remember the words......That tone was good.  Also at the end where you started to run out of breath......You were Not Trying too hard.......Relaxed...:)

You have a great tone for pop and funk. It sounds like you are using autotune. I would ease of on that. We like voices a little more natural, here. But yes, you can sing, at least with autotune. I would like to hear you with out it and all the editing.

Thank you all ! Alright, i continiue use first advice here from MDEW not to try sing "like..."  and i tried to sing anpther song now

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/sj6hk12q4bhofiu/thinking+(2).mp3

It sounds rough because i didn`t suppose to do full cover wich will introduce me, i just need what you think. Is it right direction? And if it is what i should do next?

Dim, at 00.28--> sounds really good :41: don´t play safe when you sing but let it all out with power and emotion ( i hope you understand ).

• TMV World Member

Hi Dim  you should ever listen to negativity always people happy to put you down. Clearly you do have a voice however I would suggest that you engage a professional teacher

I am 15 and started singing at about 11 I went to a singing school who taught me to sing incorrectly. My current teacher spends a lot of time on exercises and it is important to get professional training, especially if this is what you love to do.

Thank you all ! Alright, i continiue use first advice here from MDEW not to try sing "like..."  and i tried to sing anpther song now

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/sj6hk12q4bhofiu/thinking+(2).mp3

It sounds rough because i didn`t suppose to do full cover wich will introduce me, i just need what you think. Is it right direction? And if it is what i should do next?

Sounds pretty freakin' good to me....Those people who told you to stop singing are full of crap........Room to progress?....Sure...There always is.

I just found out that Barbra Streisand started taking lessons After she hit the big time.....Of course she was still in her teens at the time.... This just tells me that even if you have a killer voice, you can always benefit from lessons....

I am 15 and started singing at about 11 I went to a singing school who taught me to sing incorrectly. My current teacher spends a lot of time on exercises and it is important to get professional training, especially if this is what you love to do.

Really? I was in such situation too! ) So i`m not sure WHO can be "professional teacher", moreover here where i`m located. Don`t want spend money and time for nothing.

Dim, at 00.28--> sounds really good

Thank you! Now I can go to my own song perhaps. 

Thank you, MDEW. If i make steps it`s your help works :)   Will back with my own song, hope it will be sung good enough or i suppose to get some advices again and make it better (

I would like to know what Community or Forum you were on that tried to convince you that you cannot sing......They are full of crap or just filled with jealous members.......

Sure there are things that you can improve from a qualified teacher or coach, but that has to do with making what you have more stable and making your voice stronger, not with the singing itself....

I cannot give tips on how to make this song sound better.....I am not qualified......It sounds better than what I could do with it......;)