I Don't Believe In Love - Queensryche

• TMV World Legacy Member

This is an older recording of mine. I was just getting a handle on keeping my head voice sounding fuller and connected to my chest. All in all this was not a bad version I think, although I can hear where I have improved since then and I plan on doing an updated take soon as I have better equipment as well to record my voice. Geoff Tate in his prime was a real BEAST lol and he really did set the bar high for heavy rock vocalist. I feel if I set my own sights high then even if I get 80 percent there then I have done a lot. 

https://app.box.com/s/0ik41c2zgiw48my1uuh3xu0r6poixeqt

Great cover. In my opinion Tate was there in the top when they release Operation Mindcrime- album. Hard to cover songs like Suite sister Mary or Eyes of a stranger or any other song on that album.

That was really good. I could hear tonal qualities of both Tate and, funnily enough, Meatloaf. One thing about pronunciation, as it sounded slightly awkward to me. The phrase "raison d'etre." (french for "reason to be.") It is pronounced ray-zahn deh. Spoken, the t is soft. Sung, it is more of a glottal stop than a dental stop of tongue against upper palate.

Other than that, I like it.

Thank you for the critique ronws. I should have taken French instead of Spanish in school I guess lol :4:. I will correct that on a future re-record. Funny you should mention Meatloaf I have one of his songs on here as well. I enjoy the feedback from the forum as it really shows me where I need to improve in the future. I appreciate the tonal quality comparisons as they are 2 of my favorite singers.

Thank you for the critique ronws. I should have taken French instead of Spanish in school I guess lol :4:. I will correct that on a future re-record. Funny you should mention Meatloaf I have one of his songs on here as well. I enjoy the feedback from the forum as it really shows me where I need to improve in the future. I appreciate the tonal quality comparisons as they are 2 of my favorite singers.

I do mean the Meatloaf ref as a compliment. He has been described by others as having a huge voice, as you can plainly tell on Bat Out of Hell and Bat Out of Hell II. as well as his sound on the soundtrack and movie, "Rocky Horror Picture Show."

Never lose that big sound.

And, another Texas pride thing. Meatloaf, real name, Michael Aday, is from Dallas, Texas and I think he still maintains a home, here.

Another Texas brag. Denmark native King Diamond also makes Dallas home. Judging from the houses shown in a doc on metal, the houses in the neighborhood would place him somewhere in the middle-sized homes in the Lakewood area. (Of course, only those people familar with Dallas would know what I am talking about. Basicallly, the White Rock Lake area.)

Thank you for the comparisons ronws. If anybody feels I share any qualities of Tate, or Meatloaf I will take that anyday :bouncy: When I first started singing I was always told I sounded JUST like Dennis Deyoung! lol Not exactly what I was going for but at the same time I was like well at least it sounded like somebody famous hahaha.

Thank you for the comparisons ronws. If anybody feels I share any qualities of Tate, or Meatloaf I will take that anyday :bouncy: When I first started singing I was always told I sounded JUST like Dennis Deyoung! lol Not exactly what I was going for but at the same time I was like well at least it sounded like somebody famous hahaha.

Funny, I didn't get that impression at all, of you sounding like DeYoung. But I guess different people have different ears.