New here! Need advice! Singing 'All the Small Things'

• TMV World Legacy Member

I like it. You have a bit of the Delonge tone here but you need a bit more lower support of your sound. It is too dark to see but how is your posture when you are singing this? Try to  keep your rib cage up and keep a little downward pressure when you are singing. Not a lot for this type of song just enough to keep the tone supported consistently. It sounds strange but the feeling is kinda like balancing yourself sitting on a beach ball lol. The body reacts to pressure and if you focus a little GENTLE pressure down low it will push more sound out. Same muscles you use for Throwing Up ewwww or sneezing or maniacal laughter are the  same ones that give your singing power.

Thanks man. You just saying I need to use my diaphragm more basically? I will agree to that tho haha, I'm also trying to learn notes so I can hit notes better in general too. But thanks for reply I was thinking this forum is dead lol

• Administrator

Thanks man. You just saying I need to use my diaphragm more basically? I will agree to that tho haha, I'm also trying to learn notes so I can hit notes better in general too. But thanks for reply I was thinking this forum is dead lol

Bellsprout,

Welcome to the forum !!!

Just a comment on "hitting notes". As Maestro Lunte would say, you don't HIT notes, you SING them ! Hope this informative video helps you .....

Regards,

Adolph

Note : This forum is definitely not dead ! Sometimes it just takes awhile to get some replies.....

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

Bellsprout,

Welcome to the forum !!!

Just a comment on "hitting notes". As Maestro Lunte would say, you don't HIT notes, you SING them ! Hope this informative video helps you .....

Regards,

Adolph

Note : This forum is definitely not dead ! Sometimes it just takes awhile to get some replies.....

Thanks, I watched it. It was interesting, modifying vowels and such. 

And I apologize I meant no offense saying it was dead or anything, the topic views have high numbers pretty fast but the responses are slow, but thanks for the reply and hope I get more peoples opinions and help too in the near future. 

• Administrator

Bellsprout,

No apologies are necessary and no offense was taken. As you can imagine, our coaches are very busy with their respective clientele, and many of our members have jobs, which of course dictate what time they will log in. As for myself, I typically log in at approximately 1 - 2 P.M. (EDT) daily, and then several times a day at no specific time. It just depends on my schedule on a given day.

As for reviewing songs and videos..... I'm in a difficult situation given where I live. I would love to review and comment on each and every song and/or video, however, the only ISP I can get where I live is Hughes net, and consequently I'm limited in my bandwidth to 10 Gb monthly. If I exceed that limit then my connection speed drops below the old "dial up". It's a lousy situation !!!

Again, a sincere welcome to The Modern Vocalist World Forum ! I'd like to add that if you ever need assistance or have any concerns, please don't hesitate to write me.

Sincere Regards,

Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"