Billy Joel - These are the times

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello again, this is a song I have always loved from Billy Joel and the older I get the more I identify with it lol. Anyway a lot of times singers are focused on the "Money Notes" and I am no exception haha but I sometimes like to make sure I practice doing songs that are not showy in the technical sense but are more about tone, and emotional connection to Lyric as well as conviction in delivery of the lyric. 

https://app.box.com/s/3fzkoylv9cb0eugq74evhqa7x19f7xpq

Hi Musikman, I Listened to the last two songs you posted. I think you have a very nice and important voice, and a great technique.

My advice is on the choice of the songs. In my opinion, you should choose songs where you can show the beauty of your voice, as you do in the song of Billy Joel; but also with sharp moments because with your technique you do them very well. A mixture of your two registers, the center and the high, in a one song would be great. In the Journey song ,you do it very well, with great dignity, but is missing the beauty of your voice. 

Please, review and critique my latest post: Donny Hathaway - A song for you

souncloud: https://soundcloud.com/matias-azar-

Thanks so much Bono. I agree that the best part of my range is in the lower richer end for sure. I do try to push my range and try different singers that are not in my comfort zone. Most of my singing on my original material I do keep it in "best" part of my range and use the higher end for special moments. I read that Karen Carpenter actually had a very large range but when she sang higher it lost the haunting quality that her lower register did. Just interesting to know that as singers that know matter what your ultimate range is its always important to find the keys and register that makes you sound the most appealing. Great comments Bono!!!