Need some feedback - Am I any good?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello,

I am new to the forum and I would like some feedback in regard of my singing voice. This is me singing: https://soundcloud.com/lola_montgomery

I would like to know if I am any good at all.

I really enjoy singing but I just want to know if I should give up on a following a career in singing.

I would really appreciate if you could give me feedback in regard of tone of voice, pitch, areas where I can improve. I am open to receive any constructive criticism as I know that is how you improve.

• TMV World Member

Hi Lola

If singing is what you enjoy and like me you want a career I strongly suggest that you find a great singing teacher and get them to assess you. The training has a lot to do with improving your voice.

• Administrator

Lola,

Welcome to our forum.

Your vocal samples are so under developed that it is hard to give you an accurate assessment. That is to say, what we are hearing, is not developed enough to even give you a fair feedback. Fair feedback would have to include you singing on pitch, on rhythm and with a slightly better production... meaning, the way your recording yourself.

I can toll you this... most people can learn to sing. It is about 20% what your born with and 80% sweat equity. There are home study training programs that are available, I happen to be the author and producer of one such program that can radically move your understanding of how singing works, your voice and your singing. Training with a program like mine for about 2 months, would show a radical improvement.

The bottom line is, you need to train. Singing is an athletic endeavor and it requires working out muscles and building coordination. Similar to ice skating, or dancing or gymnastics, singing requires lots of physical workouts, repetitious training routines and singing a lot to put it all together in a context. 

I want to be honest with you, this doesn't sound very keen... but its NOT because you don't have potential and can't one day make it sound good... it is only because your currently not actually training or taking it seriously in that regard.

Getting a voice coach, a good one.. would also help.

Here is the link to my program, it is called "The Four Pillars of Singing" and it has sold in over 90 countries around the world and out of 7 years, I have received only 1 4 star review. All the rest have been 5 star reviews. Click HERE:

Hope this helps... 

• TMV World Legacy Member

I agree with Robert. The recording quality makes it hard to determine your overall voice quality. But you seem to have a real desire and passion for singing. I was by NO means a natural singer when I started and I have many recordings that I would love to burn and bury somewhere lol but then I listen back and I can still hear the heart that I gave it and over time the Pitch, Range, and control came. I am not done learning by far but I can assure you that Robert is correct when he says it's 80 percent effort haha God I wish that wasn't the case but then few things worth it are easy. I would encourage you to continue your vocal journey and never get discouraged. If you work with a vocal teacher or buy one of the many home study courses available I am sure that you can be the singer you want to be. :) Also you should try to get yourself a basic recording set up. Karaoke tracks are plentiful and easy to obtain and a cheap mic and you should be on your way to capturing your voice more accurately. 

• Administrator

I agree with Robert. The recording quality makes it hard to determine your overall voice quality. But you seem to have a real desire and passion for singing. I was by NO means a natural singer when I started and I have many recordings that I would love to burn and bury somewhere lol but then I listen back and I can still hear the heart that I gave it and over time the Pitch, Range, and control came. I am not done learning by far but I can assure you that Robert is correct when he says it's 80 percent effort haha God I wish that wasn't the case but then few things worth it are easy. I would encourage you to continue your vocal journey and never get discouraged. If you work with a vocal teacher or buy one of the many home study courses available I am sure that you can be the singer you want to be. :) Also you should try to get yourself a basic recording set up. Karaoke tracks are plentiful and easy to obtain and a cheap mic and you should be on your way to capturing your voice more accurately. 

Perfect...