My Voice Tires Out, Why?

Rate this topic

IamHo

Let's say I can hit any note in Sweet Child O Mine and Paradise City by Guns n Roses. But when I sang Sweet Child O Mine my voice gets some kinda "tired" or "fatigue" it just feels like my throat is dry and when I try to hit high note in the next song Paradise City my vocal chord feels like it's folding to the max and that causes vocal crack. When I take a break and try to hit the note again, I can hit it perfectly. Why is that?

Is it because my breath management problem?

Fatigue.  Those songs are high lying,  and if you don't have the voice to sing them they will tire your voice out.  It's possible  you that your poor technique is is causing significant fatigue to occur prematurely,  it's also  possible  that you are a lower voiced male,  and these notes that often in a song will always be tiring on your voice. 

You could have poor breath management,  squeezing of the cords,  poor  resonance  carrying too much wieght up,  dried up vocal cords from lack or water,  just straight fatigue.  I don't think this can be diagnosed with just that info. 

Exactly as Fluteman said.

You have to realize you simply may not be able to at this point in time.

You didn't say how long you've been singing.

Those notes may be unavailable to you right now for many, many, reasons.  Sure you may nail them once or twice, but to sing them consistantly is a whole other ballgame.

Squeezing the folds together with the IR muscles may be the problem.  They are very small muscles and fatigue easily.  They do rebound faster too because they are smaller, but if you want to sing these kinds of songs back to back, and all night long, you need to learn a better technique that doesn't rely on your IR's to do all the work.