How low can you go?

• TMV World Legacy Member

E2 used to be my lowest note when I started singing. The more I practiced, sang and focused on expanding my range upwards, my lowest notes rose. Now my lowest note is a G2. Oh well :P

Weird, that is a lot of notes :o When I'm warmed up really well, it's definetly harder to hit those deep notes, but I am nearly always able to hit an E2.

Oh well. LIKE A G2, LIKE A, LIKE A G2!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HERP DERP! ;D Yeah, morning voice; I get down to an E. But warmed up or, at the end of the day... It's a G :P It's weird how you lose low notes when warmed up properly ;)

I guess I know what Snejk means. I also had a time, that I was concentrated very much on high notes that my lows get's a little lost. It's not about vocal fold's and warm up, but obout vocal tract setting and muscle memory of it. Today I'm playing with many different settings of vocal tract -extremly bright or dark,fry and whistle and effects- creak, distortion growl and mixing of it. And despite I do not practice range itself - I do find it get's pretty wide :)

OMERTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

HEY!

Let's make it more funny with fry

Here is some my attempt going as low as I can --> http://www.box.com/s/1e6ms07cmnyr4o0gdi3p

And one minute later even lower here :D --> http://www.box.com/s/783st6iecypo46ry7oqu

Hah.. I have never try it befor :D (as I am listening now - i don't really think that I did hit this F in minus-octave on second sample :lol: )

OMERTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

HEY!

Let's make it more funny with fry

Here is some my attempt going as low as I can --> http://www.box.com/s/1e6ms07cmnyr4o0gdi3p

And one minute later even lower here :D --> http://www.box.com/s/783st6iecypo46ry7oqu

Hah.. I have never try it befor :D (as I am listening now - i don't really think that I did hit this F in minus-octave on second sample :lol: )

Holy crap! That is at least 1.5 octaves lower than I can go, even first thing in the morning. I can croak an A2 in the morning before I clear my throat. My full volume starts at E3 but if I work a few exercises, I can manage an okay C3 if I am right up on the mic.

I've never considered frying part of one's range, very irrelevant :P

Interesting. I thought, in pop and rock, any sound was usable. As opposed to, say opera, where only full volume notes without amplification were considered usable. In which case, baritones should stay in baritone, tenors should stay in tenor, etc.

I learn something new every day.

Holy crap! That is at least 1.5 octaves lower than I can go, even first thing in the morning. I can croak an A2 in the morning before I clear my throat. My full volume starts at E3 but if I work a few exercises, I can manage an okay C3 if I am right up on the mic.

:)

Rowns I think it is really not the case of any extra bunch of exercises, but much more about setting of vocal tract wich you can find relatively fast. It is the position of open throat but also huge twang. I feel like I'm breaking into "vocal fry" around D#2/E2.

As you can hear- in just few minutes I found a bit different setting and managed to go much lower :)

I've never considered frying part of one's range, very irrelevant :P

I agree. It's very fine to use it as an efect but I also would not consider it as a part of range. That's why I lampooning when Brett Maning says he has a 6-octave vocal range. This way I have 7-octave...but really 4 and only 2/2,5 useful octaves indeed.

OMERTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

pretty impressive. but it sounded like there came a point when you stopped really going down further (at about 0.12 in the second recording). only the keyboard was going down, and i didn't think your voice was following. what do you think?

:/

Nigel

pretty impressive. but it sounded like there came a point when you stopped really going down further (at about 0.12 in the second recording). only the keyboard was going down, and i didn't think your voice was following. what do you think?

:/

Nigel

Yes. You are right.

OMERTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!