I'm Not The Only One - Sophia Grayce

Rate this topic

SophiaGrayce

• Administrator

Hi Sophia, 

Sorry it took some time for us to get to you. As you are aware, there have been some exciting new changes that we have implemented to make the service and the quality of our membership more serious... I appreciate your patience and it is great to have you as a premium member!

Your Review:

- I commend you on having your home recording gear all set up and learning how to make recordings. That is a BIG part of the art form that we all need to learn as singers... good for you. You may want to visit The Vocal Gear Store in the future if you need any good recommended recording gear.

- This is an attempt to synch. your audio to a video... and that is perfectly ok. That is the way it is usually done when anyone does good videos. These recordings, with great mixes, etc... are rarely live... so that is fine. However, your synch needs to be better. What software are you using? I use LogicPro X, so if that is how you do it, I could give you some tips or a lesson on that. There is also a very inexpensive application I have that I have NOT used because I have LogicPro X... but it is really inexpensive and could be a good, low budget choice... it is called DreamSync

Your Singing:

- I like your voice! Its pretty and I like your approach to this song... it is soulful and you do a good job of "feeling" your song in this. YOU ARE A GOOD SINGER! This communicated very well... great video. 

- I don't have a lot of radical suggestions for you because it was pretty good... but, perhaps you could benefit from, or would enjoy tightening up your cues a bit... get a bit more rhythmic on your cues and nail your onsets better... also, I think it would benefit from a little bit of larynx dampening to warm the sound color a bit. I can show you how to do that if you are interested... 

Great job... post another one since you are a premium member... 

Hi Robert,

I apologize for the delayed response. I am about to sign a recording contract with a small record label and we have been busy working out all the details

Thank you so much for you critique, it really means a lot. My Dad bought me your The Four Pillars of Singing back in 2012 and I've incorporated techniques from it over the last 3 years. I would always be interested in any suggestions you have regarding my singing. I do vocalises to develop my upper range, this song had a couple of notes that still gave me problems. What do you suggest doing to help with upper range?

Thanks Again,

~Sophia Grayce~

• Administrator

Sophie, 

Congratulations on your contract and keep us all updated on that...

It is hard to tell you how to expand your range if you are not my student and I can't hear your voice or hear what your doing or not doing. If we took some private lessons over skype, I would be able to know more ... however, for most people it isn't really expanding range that they need per se.. it is making the range they have strong and "boomy" and not weak and unstable or too windy. 

To remove weak phonations on top, you need to train resistance onsets and it also helps to learn how to resonant narrowed vowels better. In my training program, "The Four Pillars of Singing" there are several lessons and techniques that help you to build your belt voice. Building belt voice not only gives you the ability to belt, which everyone wants to be able to do well, but the simple act of training belts, strengthens your voice immensely and therefore, your range expands in a way that is big and full. It takes work and practice, but my program shows you exactly how to do it.

Hope this answers your question.