Love Street Acoustic Doors cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Wow Jeremy, Damn I loved this! Very nice, I am a heavy rocker but I have always had a soft spot for the Doors and The Beatles. There were only a couple pitchy spots but you really brought the Morrison vibe to this performance. I could hear the swagger jumping out da' speakers lol. :beerbang:

Not a problem brother, I hope to hear more from you in the future. And it wasn't terribly pitchy just a touch but when doing Morrison you can ALMOST get by like that. Great tone and swagger bro.

I liked this as well, Jeremy. Excellent work! Your voice could be a little prominent in the mix, something i usually do myself.

Thanks man, my problem was that I recorded the guitar and the vocals at the same time and had bad mic placement.  I probably should have recorded them separately but it's a lot of fun just powering through the song like that.  Thanks for the listen and critique. : )

cPOh14H.png

I agree that you need better mic placement to get the voice better but I liked this. I like lesser known stuff and lesser known bands.

Here is one for  you to research. Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen. 

I like the phrasing and it has a great vibe. Rhythm of the guitar really supports this tune. I can't argue there were a couple of pitchy spots, but at the same time, it has a folky sincerity that if you went too far the other direction might be lost. 

Sounds like you might still be in the habit of pushing just a little chest up top which is cool but might result in some difficulty in controlling. I found when regaining my voice, I trained separately new habits and was gaining range and control, but as soon as I picked up the guitar, old habits would come in.

Pretty much Joe Strummer. I think basically what it comes down to, is the guitar takes up enough of your brain, that there is still like auto pilot. So one thing you might want to do is train new habits with the guitar too. And try to get the auto pilot just where you want it to be. Cause for me, it was pushing chest.

Overall, I dig this. You could be a cool singer just singing like this, relate-able, and communicative, but I know you have loftier ambitions. So when you get stabilized keep that stuff in mind.