Breaking the law by Judas Priest

• TMV World Legacy Member

Rocking!!!! Great version Olem. I love to watch a singer that is into the song they are singing! I would say you are doing a good job in general and have the makings of a fantastic vocalist. Yes, you need to thin your voice a bit more for some of the higher register. Ironically I hear you doing it in some spots and not in others. I would say that on some of the more dramatic moments you are probably psyching yourself out and feel you have to really fight to get that note when in reality I believe its well within your range. I would try to find the consistency with that area because you are close. When going for the dramatic higher vocals try not to confuse vocal energy with stress in the throat. If you allow the sound to thin and raise up resonance to the higher resonators and give it just enough support the sound will be electric without killing yourself lol. Good stuff I love the rocking tunes. :beerbang:

Long time since I had an Olem fix of JP. True, your voice has a lot weight in this but that is okay. As for shedding weight in the voice, you might do that from the start. That is, sing the verses a little bit lighter and then, your voice is already light enough to ascend.

I like your voice a lot, man haha  It sounds kind of Andi Deris on the lower-mid range, and sounds like Kai hansen on the upper range, Very cool mixture haha  I really enjoyed this version, and I don't really think it is necessary for you to shed that much weight, man, if you can sing like this for an hour and a half with no problems, I guess there's nothing wrong.   If you are really digging the lighter timbre, then yes, but I actually think it sounds pretty cool as it is, gives you more character I guess.

Thanx for listening, guys! 

Musikman: Yes, you are right, sometimes i pull too much chest up there in the G4-B4 area. 

Ron: Yes, that is a useful tip which i will try to remember.

Xamedhi: I have a taste for chesty rock singers like Bruce Dickinson and Tobias Sammet for exemple ybut find it very fatiguing to sing Iron Maiden songs. That is why i try to sing Judas Priest mostly , Rob Halford uses more of a lighter mix in the upper range and it is easier for me than singing Iron Maiden sings. Note "easier", it is not easy of course. This song, though, is really tough, it is right at the passagio.

Jeremy: Actually i have sung "Screaming for vengeance" a couple of times - a tough song as well.