Robert Lunte Sings Country!

Rate this topic

Robert Lunte

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Have you heard this song before?

Nice cover Robert. I never heard this song before, and I must confess that I was uncertain in the beginning, but after the first minute I was sold. Oh, BTW, nice outfit, you don't  even need to get a cowboy hat, but lose the keychain cause it kills the character. :P 

I have been told that the more I cover up my face, the better I look. So, I would best be suited to sing for either GWAR or Slipknot but they already have singers.

Though I could dress like a gargoyle and see if that works with country... hmmmm ....  an idea germinates .....

• Administrator

Great cover, Coach !!!

Although >>  No offense intended to those who prefer country music, but I'm not really into it. The reason : I grew up in a large home as a youngster in my hometown of Wheeling, W.Va., the "home" of the WWVA Jamboree, second only to the "Grand Ole Opry". My home was divided into three separate sections (all family), and as a child/youngster, ALL I would have to listen to was that "whining". i.e. "My wife left me", "My dog died", My pickup truck 'died", etc., etc. It was enough to drive me insane !!! Enter ROCK for 'Adolph' ;)

Wheeling, W.Va. :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWVA_Jamboree

http://www.wheelingjamboree.org/trip.php

I'm with you coach regarding the pink cowboy hat...... I don't "float" that way either. NO pink cowboy hat !!!

• Administrator

I have been told that the more I cover up my face, the better I look. So, I would best be suited to sing for either GWAR or Slipknot but they already have singers.

Though I could dress like a gargoyle and see if that works with country... hmmmm ....  an idea germinates .....

Ron,

Cut the crap about covering your face my friend ! I think you should remove the photo of your dog and post a pic of your smiling face ! Hmmmmm.... I think we discussed this in the past.....

However, I like your comment : "an idea germinates....."

• Administrator

That's awesome !!! I'm sure you're familiar with the "Capital Music Hall". Yes, the Jamboree grew SO huge, they had to move it across the Ohio River "Into the hills". Ergo : "The Jamboree in the Hills" :beerbang:(I couldn't resist adding the emoticon - a LOT of DRINKING :))

I haven't been to my hometown for YEARS, George. I heard it through the "grapevine" that it's become like a ghost town, a lot of businesses  "folding", and nearly the entire city has become dilapidated. Is that true ???

Whereabouts in South Western Pa. ? Now you've aroused my curiosity my friend !

Just a little "story" to share about the Capital Music Hall :

The venue is quite small, and while I can't recall what year it was (perhaps 1977 ?), 'Kansas' was playing there. I wasn't able to get tickets as it was sold out. (Grrrr....)

Anyway, there sits 'Adolph' waiting for a traffic light to change on my way home from work. All of a sudden these two limos pull up alongside of me and I hear, "Hey, man ! Can you tell me where to find the Capitol Music Hall". It was like "Holy Shit ! It's Kansas". So I said, "Yeah, you just passed it". The next thing I knew I was handed backstage passes and went to the after concert party !!! AWESOME !!!! :bang:

Ron,

Cut the crap about covering your face my friend ! I think you should remove the photo of your dog and post a pic of your smiling face ! Hmmmmm.... I think we discussed this in the past.....

However, I like your comment : "an idea germinates....."

Yeah, I know, but one person has said that I look like a cannibal, basically, the same look Sir Anthony Hopkins had in "Silence of the Lambs," and that I should present something nicer, being a mod in the forum.

And another person who said I look like a serial killer that did not even involve him or my looks and was on another subject, entirely.

All because I have the "biker" look, even with short hair. I can't help having a face carved out of granite, light blue eyes, and the thousand-yard stare. However, that is the look that makes my wife feel safe and what attracted her to me is the "biker" look because her old friends who took care of her and protected her in times of duress and distress were "bikers." She could call "Bones" and he would hop on his hardtail shovelhead and ride 70 miles in the night from Houston and pick her up and take here where she needed to go. And while I do not currently have a motorcycle, I am the kind of loyal person you would find that would help a person and I do stand up to bullies, right in their faces, with my granite face, light blues, and thousand-yard stare saying, "What are you waiting on? Christmas?" In my dusty tenor voice.

Anyway, halloween stuff is already hitting the shelves so I might be able to find something suitable to make a new avatar pic. My dog is pretty but he only sings opera. So, maybe with the help of retail holiday costumes, I can once again show my face in the forum.

You never heard this song? That is strange... keychain?  You mean my key to the door?  I have to wear that, otherwise I will lock myself out of my studio.

Well, I'm embarrassed now... what can I say? I grew up listening to Beatles, my mom loved them. Besides, country music is not that big in Brazil. I actually don't dislike the style, I just don't know the songs. BTW I should get some credit for at least knowing and remembering "I can't make you love me" (Bonnie Raitt). :P

Great cover, Coach !!!

Although >>  No offense intended to those who prefer country music, but I'm not really into it. The reason : I grew up in a large home as a youngster in my hometown of Wheeling, W.Va., the "home" of the WWVA Jamboree, second only to the "Grand Ole Opry". My home was divided into three separate sections (all family), and as a child/youngster, ALL I would have to listen to was that "whining". i.e. "My wife left me", "My dog died", My pickup truck 'died", etc., etc. It was enough to drive me insane !!! Enter ROCK for 'Adolph' ;)

Wheeling, W.Va. :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWVA_Jamboree

http://www.wheelingjamboree.org/trip.php

I'm with you coach regarding the pink cowboy hat...... I don't "float" that way either. NO pink cowboy hat !!!

Hey Adolph, have you ever played a country music record backwards? It is said that the cowboy gets his truck and wife back, and his dog resurrects... :bang:

Hey Adolph, have you ever played a country music record backwards? It is said that the cowboy gets his truck and wife back, and his dog resurrects... :bang:

And that is the truth.

Now, in the song, "You Never Even Called Me by my Name," David Allan Coe relates how another person actually wrote the song but it was not the perfect song because it didn't mention Momma, getting drunk, rain, pick-up trucks, prison. So, the guy wrote another verse and sent it back and then David Allan Coe had the perfect country song.

"I was drunk the day my momma got out of prison.

I drove to pick her up in the rain.

But before I could get to the station in my pick-up truck,

She got runned over by a damned ole' train...

And I'll hang around as long as you will let me

And I never minded standing in the rain.

And you don't have to call me darlin, darlin.

You never even called me by my name ..."

• Administrator

No, Gneetapp, I can't say that I have played one backwards..... But that IS hilarious !!!

Speaking of a "resurrection", several years ago there was a guy who lived about five miles from me who THOUGHT his cat was dead. He proceeded to bury it under his mobile home. Several hours later the cat came out covered in dirt :) So says the guy : "It's a miracle, It's a miracle ! MY cat came back to life" !

True story !!!