• Administrator

Hello Kasper... very cool video. Im going to embed it here so people can watch it here at the site.

Well,... I can't find much wrong with this Kasper. Honestly it is well done, sound beautiful and you did a good job expressing yourself with it as well. I think it is just... really good. NICE WORK!

Do you have any specific questions about singing technique or any challenges you are having, I will be happy to answer a few for you. 

Also, what is your technology chain on your recording? You got a very nice recording here... Is that a USB microphone?

• TMV World Member

Hello Kasper... very cool video. Im going to embed it here so people can watch it here at the site.

Well,... I can't find much wrong with this Kasper. Honestly it is well done, sound beautiful and you did a good job expressing yourself with it as well. I think it is just... really good. NICE WORK!

Do you have any specific questions about singing technique or any challenges you are having, I will be happy to answer a few for you. 

Also, what is your technology chain on your recording? You got a very nice recording here... Is that a USB microphone?

Hi Robert, thank you very much :)

According to the technical aspects I have been struggling a lot with bridging smoothly from chest to head (it took me years). 
It has gotten a lot better, and now I am able to do that, but I always find myself sounding way to thin all the time, so a lot of people think that my head voice is actually falsetto. 

I can't seem to find a way to get the correct resonance, and I'm not talking about belting high notes, it's more basic than that. Singing from C4 to F#4 is really hard for me (not in terms of effort but in terms of making it sound right). It just always sounds way way way too thin, which is cool sometimes but not always.

I used a Blue Yeti USB microphone for the recording, which is actually not that good, but it's okay for a budget mic. 

- Kasper

• Administrator

I always find myself sounding way to thin all the time, so a lot of people think that my head voice is actually falsetto. 

Kasper, this makes perfect sense after hearing you sing.... No, your sounds are not really falsetto, technically no. They are a very lightly compressed head voice sound or a very light vocal twang... they lean very close toward the falsetto spectrum, but not quite put falsetto.

My educated guess is, that the very light "heady" sound you use when you sing, ... even though you are really good at it and it sounds lovely, it has also had the undesirable result of making your adduction musculature underdeveloped. If you want stable bridges to F#4 through the vocal break and head voice notes that are not always that "sweet heady" sound, you have to do resistance training techniques that specifically focus on building the adductors and muscles required to anchor your larynx more, adduct the vocal folds more strongly/stable... and you probably need to uptake your respiration as well... if you work the muscles more, you may have to compensate my increasing the sub glottal respiration pressure to balance the physics of a good, "adducted" sound tone! 

Anyways, the simple answer is,... if your not training the musculature and coordination to have a stable bridge to the low head voice and sustain a "boomy" resonance, then it isn't going to happen for you. The voice is a muscle and ligaments, etc... it requires training and singing in the configurations that you need or want to get to. Continuing on with the light , pretty head voice stuff is great... your very good at it... but it isn't going to fix these issues your talking about. For that, you have to walk across the gym and start lifting weights you haven't lifted before, metaphorically. 

Now honestly, my training system is very popular and very effective if you actually train the techniques. And I just launched my new online course work system that is "sick"... there is nothing else like it in the world... go check it out: www.TheFourPillarsofSinging.com ... inside this system are videos, lessons, quizzes, training demonstrations and EVERYTHING you need and then some... to show you how to get to work NOW... to start building that musculature. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • TMV World Member

Hi Kasper 

your camera techniques added a cool effect to the video.

your voice has a nice tone to it and is really nice to listen to, i liked your transitions to the higher notes and i wish you the best for the future :)