Rythm training

Rate this topic

Elrathion

I'm looking for a good course with audio and tons of exercises to practise rythm. Goals are to be able to recognise the rythm of any song aswell as being able to apply it, furthermore to help others pinpointing where they are not following the music. Also this work should start from scratch and build up to a high level :> (I don't care if it's very comprehensive and takes many hours to practise, infact that's what I'm searching :>)

Any ideas?

Very interesting. A drummer ruined my as a teen when he immersed me into his digital metronome, perfect timing goals. Since then I've been obssessed with and had a hang up about timing. Its not often rock singers are "tight". Dio, of course, is tight like a drummer, but lots of others, for better or worse, seem to glide above and around the rhythm , as if it doesnt concern singers - which I guess it often doesnt really have to do.

Hi....my course has a section for rhythm, phrasing & timing and I go through step by step how to do it! I also have a blog on this...check me out! www.riverofloveconcerts.com TRUE VOICE COURSE! :cool: H

• Administrator

Definitely check out Hilary's "True Voice Course" I own it and Highly Endorse it !!! Extremely helpful to me.

My Singing Arsenal : True Voice Course, Hilary Canto

Raise Your Voice 2nd Edition, Jaime Vendera

Four Pillars of Singing, Robert Lunte

Vocal Instructional Series, James Lugo

The Ultimate Breathing Workout, Jaime Vendera

Strengthening Your Singing Voice, Jaime Vendera

Set Your Voice Free, Roger Love

The Deva Method, Jeannie Deva

The Singer's Companion, Brent Monahan

Thanks Nightprowler.....I'll add to...that drummers only enhance the rhythm....you have to have it in your voice to lead! YOU ARE THE LEAD SOUND as THE VOCALIST NOT THE DRUMMER. You need to command the drummer with rhythm and the drummer should be proficient enough to then play fab drums that support you! This is a big mistake many singers make...they think they are following the band and the band should accept the singer is leading them and their role is to enhance the song and the singer with great musicianship not try and show how good they are until they are given a gap to do so! A singer has to command both band and audience...you do it with your phrasing & timing & rhythm in your voice! love Hilary :rolleyes: