Cover in progress - Open Your Eyes (Alter Bridge) by Mivke

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey guys!

I just found a song I started working on quite some time ago and then kind of just forgot about. I would like to finish it but I would like some feedback from those of you that wish to give some :P

Here is the cover in progress:

https://app.box.com/s/qrqsy4dzuoa3mneadpym2ffd5tvtfmve

I'm quite happy with most of it but I still feel it could improve. Also, pardon me for the AWFUL backing track. I think someone tampered with the spectrum of the song to remove the vocals but alot of other things disapeared aswell.

Anyways, take a listen if you like the song and write a comment if you have the time. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Edited the link to a version that is streaming rather than having to download.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

You will probably get more traction with this song if you provide link where people can hear it rather than having to download it.

Agreed !!!

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

• TMV World Legacy Member

Thanks, Adolph. It shows up on the main screen for the review section

A person submitting a song needs to provide a link to play the song in either a streaming player or a player link, such as youtube, soundcloud, and box, with a link to to player page for that file and to NOT provide links that require a file download. So, if someone feels they did not know that is required, all I can say is to read more carefully.

• Administrator

Agreed, I was going to listen and review Mivke, but you need to offer a link that streams... no downloads. People don't want to download files to their computer because it is a hassle and it is a security risk. Your asking people to wait for a download, send it to their desktop, open it, then throw it away, etc... I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, and it isn't, but members don't want to be burdened with having to "administrate" your download file, when it is a lot easier and more fun if you just embed a link that streams.

For box.net links, it is a setting underneath "share" that is attached to your file. Disable the tick box that says, "Allow Downloads" and then embed the OTHER link which is for streaming, no downloading.

or

Embed a soundcloud widget, which seems to work very nicely.

:cool:

• 3 weeks later...