Felipe Carvalho - Radio Gaga

Its been a while! I was studying this one for some time but had to put in on hold to learn a bunch of other songs for a project...

Anyways, cool song that in my opinion needs an extra punch to work well. Very fun stuff to study, I recommend!

https://app.box.com/s/9ylbzjg5g56stj9icr5atqza9jdio9lc

Let me know how it sounds like! :) and thanks for listening!!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Its been a while! I was studying this one for some time but had to put in on hold to learn a bunch of other songs for a project...

Anyways, cool song that in my opinion needs an extra punch to work well. Very fun stuff to study, I recommend!

https://app.box.com/s/9ylbzjg5g56stj9icr5atqza9jdio9lc

Let me know how it sounds like! :) and thanks for listening!!

Nice job, as always, Felipe! I really don't know what else I could comment on bro. Really powerful singing. Maybe, I would like the volume of your voice just a bit lower in relation to the backing track (for my taste). Keep'em coming man!

• Administrator

Oh ya... lovely... 

The first thing that I thought was, "... it is cool that you are doing a tune that has kind of an 80s pop vibe to it" ... like Duran Duran or something... its cool.

In regards to your singing, its great... I also like your production Felipe... nice home recording... 

This sounds great Felipe... and cool choice for a song to work on.

:cool:

I am pleasantly surprised Felipe. I am so used to Freddie's light touch on this song and you have a "heavier" or "meatier" voice. I do like the yodel effect you had on the ends of some of the phrases.

And this is an excellent example of how to sing in and through the passagio area.

Bravo, Felipe.

oops sorry, don't know why I thought that was Bowie?

I kind of new where you were coming from. Not only did Bowie do a duet with Queen, but this song sounds a lot like a David Bowie song. Give yourself some slack. You may have accidently confused Freddie with David but that is not a bad thing, in my book. Both are and were awesome artists.

Great job Felipe! I think it's cool that you emphasize the two syllables on the words power and hour.

I love the fact that all members of Queen made great hits (which is very very rare by the way). This number was written by the drummer Roger Taylor. :)

Freddie Mercury: We are the champions etc.

Brian May: We will rock you

John Deacon: Another one bites the dust

Sounds Great Felipe......... I haven't visited the review section for awhile............. It is always good to hear new songs from you.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

@gnee thank you! I will see if I still have the project around and redo the mix a bit more carefully :)

@Rob this song is just amazing, it does have an 80s feel to it but its very elaborate, full of details, and well Freddie Mercury... hahah thank you!!

@ronws thank you! yes I remember seeing the live aid performance of this song (85?) and was so amazed by the energy he could bring to it, probably where the idea for a bit more energy comes from :)

@Martin glad you like it, I know you enjoy the band a lot. I also like the variety of the songs, I honestly dont know how much they "took turns" in writing the material, but I always found amazing how different the ideas they used were from song to song, this is also not very common.

@mdew :) to be honest I was away for a while too, time is running short lately but I will try to keep sending material as often as I can. And thanks for listening and for your support!