Me singing 'U2 - One' - what do you think?

Rate this topic

Hi guys and girls,

here is me trying to sing U2 - One :

http://www.box.net/shared/i6xnc2kecy

I would like to hear some thoughts about my singing (I also play guitar here but I'm more interested how you liked my voice)? Any thoughts or comments are very appreciated.

Tnx,

Nikola

I see you have an equipment problem, too. When you can afford it, you might look into a better microphone. Anyway, I can tell you have an accent, English is not your first language. But you still manage to sound very much like Bono, at least on this recording. And that is difficult because Bono is irish and does have an accent even though he often tries to sing with accent. Anyway, it sounded good, considering the quality of the recording. And I say that knowing full well that some of my recordings are crap because of a cheap mic. In fact, one of my better recordings was a U2 song, "With or without you."

I feel like this song fits your voice pretty well. The range and emotional delivery of the song seem to be well within your grasp. I would encourage you to be aware of 2 things. 1) Be sure not to let your accuracy be sloppy when it comes to pitch. You don't have a pitch problem because most of the notes a true. You are a little inconsistent, however, and it could be due to your approach stylistically, which leads to my second point. 2) Be sure not to copy Bono too much. Even though you deliver the song well and very believably, you may be losing some of your own persona here. Bono is a Great stylist but once you've borrowed from him, you must get him out of your head and perform the song as you. Think about how you feel about the lyric. Let those emotions tell your voice what to do. After all, it's not about technique, it's about connecting with your audience at the end of the day. Show us who you are. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!