Train - 50 Ways To Say Goodbye Cover *please critique*

• TMV World Legacy Member

This song quite high for myself, but i tried to cover it after all. Im not sure if i sound like yelling in the chorus part especially. Hopefully you guys can leave some critique for this cover. Really appreciate it. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqRdXgA9XN4

you shouldn't sing songs that are out of your range.. then you just strain...

even if you like them...

thanks david for the advice! thats true, but i just experimenting and i usually will stop singing if i feels not good in throat :P

*and i really love this song and i'd like to dedicate it to that someone, thats why i still cover it :P

that's a good reason ;-)

I think over all , you did pretty good. You have a nice high timbre when singing...

Some parts pretty pitchy, but not overly.. started a bit wobbly, but 2nd verse and chorus, you let loose and it rocked.

Cheers,

David.

Yes, especially in singing, 'singing out of range' is a bit of a complicated term. I would add 'comfortable' with it: singing out of your comfortable range, because the range is there, but it's not controlled.

Now obviously, there are high lyric singers who can sing much easier in the high range than low dark singers – indeed, up to a point where a part will sound out of range – but in this case I feel you can sing this song, but you need to improve your control. Because even in the easy parts you're quite very pitchy.

By the way there are dark heavy singers who can indeed sing the part, but the whole feel and sound is then changed so much, a thing that must be considered, like Josh Young singing ‘Heaven On Their Minds’.

But again, in your case, I think your voice is capable of a song like this.

I'm only laughing on the outside
My smile is just skin deep
If you could see inside I'm really crying
You might join me for a weep.