#3 Snejk - Anthem (Chess)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Okay, I know I post this right after the other but I felt I wanted to record another song... Now, I don't perform this song well either BUT, I do so better than the previous one. Here I sing alot more varied but oftentimes pretty full... This is the most comfortable way for me to sing but it just don't do well with very soft and light ballads or powerful metal songs (where you need to be full, but light and piercing...).

I know my voice cracks at the end, I blame that on.. Yeah, what I wrote in the previous thread ;P I got VERY light headed and fuzzy at several points when I recorded this... xD

In the very final part I just tried to do something different and get some volume half-way into the last held-out note... My camera distorted it unfortunately.. It got very loud xD

Anyway... As always, I value any feedback I can get!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNQbL0sAzJ0

EDIT: I am AWFUL at counting the beats to the backing track... >_____<

Heck of a note, dude. I love your resonance. And you have the voice of an angel when you sing clean. And it's nice to hear someone else flatten out a desk mic like I do. As for missing the cues on playback, that happens to me, still, some. As every song I have put up, I am used to playing on guitar while I sing. Different set of cues.

You have probably worked so hard on resonance and support of the note that you have fallen out of being able to back off and "waste air." But that's fine. You have such a great sound.

Thanks ALOT for the kinds words ronws... My cell phone has got some killer qualities to it, but I think I need to fiddle some with the sound pickup :P This song is very easy to sing because the highest notes (which aren't very high) can all be sung in either high chest or overdrive. Both of which are easy to maintain. The hardest part of this song was the "But I'm still there now". I had to modify the "ih" to an "eh", in order to overdrive it... Now I don't need to do that so I guess that is some improvement, I've managed to raise my chest voice a bit!

There are so many more things I would love to improve though, emotion for example and... Well... Even if I get my vibrato right and I hit all notes I still sound so VERY "hobby-singerish" ;/

You don't sound hobby-singerish at all. There is some very beautiful, almost vulnerable quality in your voice that only some people have, or dare to let people hear, so remember this - as you train your voice more and more in the future, don't forget how to sing the way that you do here. I think that sound comes out when you're relaxed, particularly in your throat. Post this song to chicks, they'll love it, lol. ;)