My AC/DC try and a few more tunes...

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello all...

I've loaded up a few tunes at www.myspace.com/jlewmdobmusic so you can get a better idea of what my voice sounds like recorded vs live. There are two original tunes from my last band and a cover of Whole Lotta Rosie that my new cover band put together a few days ago. The cover was one take, with no vocal effects. Just a quick recording. The original tunes were unfinished demos, but they're all I've got. Thanks for listening, Josh.

myspace kept crashing my browser but I did get to hear quite a bit of "Whole Lotta Rosie." I liked you version and from what I could hear, you sounded good. Just one complaint. The vocal track was was undervolume. Let me guess, the guitar player mixed the final. I would like to hear it with the vocal track just a little more prominent, where it's on equal footing with the thundering guitar and bass. But the arrangement was great. Exciting, and I could feel the energy in your singing.

Thanks ronws...I've been trying to listen to your uploaded tunes, but my internet is down at the house and Youtube is a restricted site here at work. We should have our internet back on at home tonight so I'll give it a listen. Thanks for your feedback, it's greatly appreciated. I'm mostly self taught, minus a few lessons and have always sang from feeling. I've recently started taking a weekly lesson to learn how to take "weight" off my voice and I'm continually working on breath control. As far as the mix is concerned, we just put something together and plan on going into a studio to record a better demo once we start gigging and have some extra dough. We've put all of our funds so far into P.A. and it's getting expensive and the wife won't let my buy anything else. Ha Ha