Radiohead - Karma Police sample

• TMV World Legacy Member

http://soundcloud.com/modulos/singing-karma-police

I am having trouble with bridging registers at the end. My voice feels really unstable in that range - any tips? Also, sorry for the background noise... I was making a sandwich, haha.

Also, here's a little of Fake Plastic Trees: http://soundcloud.com/modulos/singing-fake-plastic-trees

I want to give you some feedback, but I feel that any feedback I give could be wrong because of the quality of this recording. Record it when you have warmed up and can sing it with your full voice. I will respond when you can post a better recording just for the sake of giving you the correct feedback.

"verum ipsum factum"

Haha, this is my attempt at a "full voice". That actually was enough critique for me to work off of - I think I need to work on cord closure to make my tone less breathy and fuller-sounding...

Any tips on how to get better cord closure?

Haha, this is my attempt at a "full voice". That actually was enough critique for me to work off of - I think I need to work on cord closure to make my tone less breathy and fuller-sounding...

Any tips on how to get better cord closure?

Work on the onset by singing staccato vowels on a 3-5 tone scale in a comfortable part of your voice. Focus on saying the vowels as clearly as you speak.

I must say that this is not going to do wonders to your voice unless you stick to it. Voice training is a complete process so you must do everything you can to make it stronger.

"verum ipsum factum"

There must be something wrong with my ears because I didn't hear any problems with "cord closure." I did hear what I thought was falsetto in some places, which is, of course, not full voice. But I don't know the song so I don't know if the original calls for it at those places. It may very well do so.

Be thou not afraid of falsetto. It has it uses. At least, in my opinion. I thought you sang well. Then, again, I don't come up with criticisms just so that I can appear to be the absolute end-all authority on singing.

Be that as it may, there were a few notes that were kind of wobbly and I think that is a confidence issue. As if you weren't sure of yourself. Get rid of your self-doubt and sing the song like you wrote it.

Thanks for the feedback!!

Here's another cover, this time some Pink Floyd: http://soundcloud.com/modulos/pink-floyd-wish-you-were

Tried to sing more confidently. Any tips on how to get a raspy tone? Since this is mostly a metal community you guys probably know best haha