• TMV World Legacy Member

here is a link to a song I sing - any guidance on increasing strength of voice and also upper register greatly appreciated. I have had two vocal coaching sessions (SLS with John Henny) which were really great, but apart from that no professional input to my voice.....although I have been singing in bands and musical projects for over 20 years.....however I still feel I have not found my 'true voice' and beleive that there is a good and powerful voice in there somewhere. For me it is a question of where to start, my aim to to find that liberated sound and strength, because I feel I control it too much

http://www.themodernvocalist.com/video/feorin-waiting

thank you :)

Hi Sally....I had a good listen...you need to work with tones and breath. You are restricting your breath and sound shallow hence the power and control you seek is also being restricted. Your voice is coming from your throat only not the depth of your being! There are many good voice teachers on here for you to access. If you would like any more from me drop me a line in my group True Voice? love & blessings Hilary :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sally :-)

First off, thank you so much for your lovely email and I'm so glad that you're getting success with the throat deconstriction download and other exercises!

re your vocal - my main observations are that you are not supporting the voice, which is causing you to sing with a constricted throat (bingo!) and additionally, all of your resonance is floating up into your head / mask. Head resonance is not going to be helpful to you, as it is essentially just 'sympathetic vibration' and is unmodifiable. You could do with bringing the resonance sensations out of the head and into the mouth, which will help to make the voice sound more 'round' and warm. However, the bottom line is that the voice will remain stuck both in terms of tone and in terms of range, until that support issue is sorted out. Of course, all of this is a bit of a 'speed reader's guide' and will only make real sense when you're with a good coach! I'll be happy to try to help at more length if you'd like to email me. Hilary's likely to have some great advice too :-)

Merry meet and merry part :-)

Ria

www.vidla.org

Principal: Vocalist International Distance Learning Academy.

Enable. Empower. Educate.

• 1 month later...

I Clicked the link and was not hearing anything to troubling your vocal performance, it was more of an equal tempo and vocal throu out. I liked it...I think the song was "Waiting" it was a video...I would like to hear you without so much effects and when you are trying to sing in various ranges so I can get to know you range to better comment.

Cool video

Byron

www.myspace.com/brtempleofsound
www.vamacoustics.com