Any help please?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi all! So I haven't been singing for long and I was wondering if I could get any advice? I'm not too confident but I want to try and persevere. For example, I really seem to struggle with the high notes and it's hard for me to even hit D4. Thanks a lot in advance, I really appreciate it! :)

I could be wrong, but your guitar sounds a bit out of tune to me, just so you know.

I do like your voice, though. You remind me of the lead singer from The Fray, actually. I'm new to this, too, so I can't really offer you any advice, but your voice has a good sound.

Hanalei is right, the guitar is out of tune, so it is a bit distracting. And I have been guilty of the same thing.

However, I didn't hear a problem with your voice. I am confused. Where was the problem?

I actually think i may have tuned the guitar down... I can't quite remember haha. At any rate, I just feel like I'm pitchy and that the vocals lack strength and I was wondering if anyone could help me with that.

Then, again, proven over and over, you cannot hear yourself as others hear you.

Tell me about it...

I don't hear anything wrong with your voice. I think if anything, it's probably just that you're not confident singing and playing guitar at the same time yet. It can be hard, especially if there's barre chords.