Changing my vocal genre!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey guys,

I have always sung with a band (with a few friends). We have only ever performed in front of small audiences and have always been quite well received (thankfully!). We played rock covers etc.

Due to our guitarist moving away and the band kind of splitting, I am just testing my vocals with other styles as I am a great lover of the acoustic style and I also feel that to be good at any genre you should be a good all rounder. I would really appreciate if you could check out my video (linked below). I will probably go back to more of a rock genre eventually, just wanted to use this opportunity to explore my vocals i guess!

Thanks very much!

Greg

p.s after watching loads of links here, I am really impressed by the amount of talent that is posting!!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Good voice man! I like it. I think you fit the style well and yeah I think it's a good idea to try out some new genres/territory.

I'm not too familiar with the song (heard a couple of theirs) and this may just be how it is...but some of the ending phrases seem cut off too quick. Like "vacancy signs" I might have held out a little longer for example.

And the vocal volume seems really low at around the 2:34 mark. Where you start doing some falsetto stuff. You hit it from what I could tell, just needs more volume! And even if that is a soft spot it still seems like it needs some more volume.

Aside from that, like I said, it sounds good.