Need an opinion on my vocals

Rate this topic

Just for a little background. I'm from Australia here in college, I'm 19 and I've been playing guitar for 2 years, moved onto electric at the moment. Learn most guitar by ear and taught myself so I have an ear for music partially I guess. Never sang before until I sang a little bit to myself here and people seemed to like it but I can't tell if they're biased and in addition I lack extreme confidence in general. I recorded a cover not the best song for me but just something the pianist liked playing. Just looking for a 3rd party opinion. Billy Joel's - New York State Of Mind. Was recorded into my friends keyboard on 1st take so it's not my greatest work. No effects to voice but a bit of reverb pre set into mic Thanks!

http://m.soundcloud.com/yd-benjamin/new-york-state-of-mind-billy-joel-cover-vocals-moshe-ash

I'm not an expert, I just sing for pleasure.

I would have done The 'New York State of MIND' lower (kind of tremolo at the end) but after that just a interpretation of the song.

I would be grateful if you could give me feedback on my singing too ;) (I opened a subject today)