A Change Is Gonna Come

• TMV World Legacy Member

I usually stick to the more up beat stuff and shy away from the ballads... But today I decided to try and sing this one hope it's not too bad haha

https://app.box.com/s/5jf9ddki0q7wtrli64gh

Besides singing and teaching I also make beats and remixes. Check them out here: https://blend.io/sexybeast

Tone is good. Range is good. Pitch is pretty good, although some of the runs were really frenzied, certainly faster than I could do accurately.

Clapping/slapping/whatever sounds really weird, cause it's so sparse and I was listening to the vocal kind of in it's own meter. The clapping effect exaggerates the changes in time, I think.  So maybe make sure you clap at regular intervals. 1,2, Clap, 4, (faster) or (1, clap, 2 clap) every time?

For my tastes, I'd tone down the runs a bit on this type of tune. Like you said, it's a bit of a ballad, you may be more accustomed to the faster moving tunes and still applying a bit of extra movement.  That said, if it works for you, I'm not one to say you shouldn't either. You're a good singer, I suspect a little more restraint might connect with ears a bit on these types of tunes. One thing that might be cool is just grab a metronome.

You sing pretty well acapella. I'm a drummer so I've got pretty good meter when I set my mind to it, but I've also got health problems that can make meter a bit more difficult as sometimes vocal rest desirable. If I set up a metronome it forces me to sing on the meter no matter what. You could clap to it as well and learn to syncopate your movements. The claps, snapping, slapping, whatever, just the jive, could really get us swinging, it's a cool idea, and I like the spur of the moment passion that could bring them out.

So keep singing, keep posting man. Good voice.

Thanks for listening!

Clapping/slapping/whatever sounds really weird, cause it's so sparse and I was listening to the vocal kind of in it's own meter. The clapping effect exaggerates the changes in time, I think.  So maybe make sure you clap at regular intervals. 1,2, Clap, 4, (faster) or (1, clap, 2 clap) every time?

Yes I know lol

Tone is good. Range is good. Pitch is pretty good, although some of the runs were really frenzied, certainly faster than I could do accurately.

So pitch is not as good as tone and range? haha I know what you mean! I do sing a little bit out of tune... the opening note "born" for instance...

Besides singing and teaching I also make beats and remixes. Check them out here: https://blend.io/sexybeast

Thanks for listening!

Yes I know lol

So pitch is not as good as tone and range? haha I know what you mean! I do sing a little bit out of tune... the opening note "born" for instance...

My ears aren't perfect man. I couldn't sing this frantically even with your tuning and suspect my pitch would suffer, I think. So it was meant honestly and not sugar coating.  Didn't sound 100 percent spot on, but I figured better than I can do given the same material, so 'pretty good' was like...  B)