Me singing Journey's "Open arms"

• TMV World Legacy Member

You're a very good singer, man! I really liked it! I don't really know what I could offer you in terms of improvement - perhaps a more experience singing dude/dudette than me would be able to do that. Actually, in order to make this sound even more pro than it is, you could add a slight compression effect to control the dynamics a bit better and there were one or two spots where you were slightly off rythm, so perhaps you should dwelve even more into the minor details in your vocal takes than you're already doing. But really, I'm just nitpicking to say something that might help you. You don't really need much help :) . What would you personally like to change in your voice?

I agree with jonpall. Compression would even out the level. You have a lovely voice and I don't meant that in a delicate or "girly" way. I just wanted to hear more of it in the mix.

Well done.

Thanks guys :P

i did this cause everyone was telling my voice was too clean, and not gritty enough on my last few covers

i guess what i really want is a more hard rock sounding voice ( my heroes are Dio & bruce dickinson)

i'm struggling a lot with head voice..... im not really sure ive even found it lol

my breathing is terrible,i seem to concentrate so hard on proper posture, Supporting the Diaphram ect ect

i find the singing is coming last :(

thanks for the advice guys im gonna work on tweeking around with it more.

www.soundclick.com/chavie

Beautiful work. Head voice... I hate terminology but if you're referring to the hard-to-sing-range over the 1st trouble area above middle C - I think you're already there.

You sing in it during the chorus - and you're good at it too. There are some off pitch areas but you've got such a beautiful tone for this type of songs, it don't really matter.

As for the dios and dickinsons... you're starting with a great clean singing voice which means that once you're 100% confident about (if you aren't already) you'll be able to

get there having a solid foundation. If/when you feel you've got your breathing down, all you'll have to do is start experimenting.

Great singing as always !

Thanos

• 1 month later...