HISTORY for SALE - debut ep vocal effort

Rate this topic

My group finished our debut EP and we are now playing out to support it and spread our message.

Would love to get your thoughts on the 6 very different songs that are on the disc.

http://www.myspace.com/historyforsalemusic

I recorded all the vocals in one 10+ hour day. This includes all doubles, triples, and one quad wide pan verse, as well as main backing vocals.

Hope you are all well, and I appreciate you listening to our little project.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...I'm a singer not a vocal instructor...but I dig it. Sounds "old school" to me(unfortunately I'm approaching the age(37) where f'n old school seems like yesterday..."In my day...they didn't have these fancy downloads...") Always nice to hear some cojones/depth to the vocals. You've got great connection and range. Also, I'm a closet wuss...so enjoyed the melodies.

Only thing I had a problem with was the title. There's a band in my area called Blue October...they released an album not too long with same title.

Best of luck to ya.

• 3 weeks later...

I listened, like the sound, I enjoyed Western star, some slight pitch issues in I think it was the beginning part of Best Friends...

You have nice rich tones, the vocals are smooth, too smooth to me..the words tend to mold together a bit to much with not eough clarity and enunciation...I would prefer hearing you sing with a bit more clarity... Very nice songs overall...try to change it up a bit; you tend to have the same feel and vocal sound every song, long drawn out words etc...

You have talent...keep trying to get better.

BC

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...