Silver Pills - Electric night

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi everyone! I sing in a band called Silver Pills. Would you please find a couple of minutes to check out our latest single and review it? We are a band from Russia so i'm also interested in what you think about my pronunciation, it is important 'cause only native speakers can reveal the accent and maybe any mistakes. Thank you, looking forward to your answers!

http://www.box.net/shared/6evg0xjge3

I liked it! Really catchy and energetic! I think the pronunciation was really good (I'm not a native English speaker though!) because the squeezed and metallic rus-english was not there! Some words have a bit softer approach then what's common I guess but that's just nit-picking. I really liked it and there was some great phonation and marking of critical words :3

Definitely european in the flavor of the song because of not just the timbres of the instruments but the mix of the song, indeed, the style of the song being post-industrial. As for pronunciation, it depends on which dialect or sub-accent one is going for, for that defines the words used as well as how they are pronounced. For example, in Texas, we would say that we are waiting in line. In New York City, they would say "waiting on line." Up there, Diet Coke is a pop, down here, it's a soda.

In the song, the word bed could be softer on the ending. In fact, we sometimes seem to have soft consonants, depending on the part of the country. Electric night, the t would be a little softer but electric nights with a hard t is fine because it's followed by the s.

All that aside, all the pronunciation was spot-on. And I like the slight accent you do have in this song. Klaus Meine's accent is easily identified and he would keep bits of his language in the songs. For example, "I want to belong for you." In german, it would be expressed as Ich wunsche fur dich belongen (I don't have umlauts in my font) and that is how you would express it. To translate literally to english would be "I want to belong for you." In America, we actually express it as "I want to belong to you." But I am glad Klaus didn't change it. That song needs to be that way to be right for the world.

In the same way, the slight accent you do have in this song could be an integral part of it. Trust me, if you sang it while trying to sound like Reba McIntyre or Randy Travis, it would be all wrong.