A new original song trying to incorporate chest and head voice

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi friends, if you have some time here is a song I recently recorded and I set out to try and use both my chest and head voice in this one, as well as try to use a little vibrato at some points. Not really sure how it turned out so some feed back would be nice, thanks for listening.

• TMV World Legacy Member

If there was vibrato, it was subtle, which is actually a good thing.

I listened twice. The first time, the low notes at at the beginning sounded pitchy. Second, I didn't notice because I have surmised that you are singing to low. In the high parts, you have better focus, no doubt, from a better support of air. Two suggestions. Either allow more air flow in the low notes. Or, raise that section to a higher range and sing it at less volume. That is, sing the verses softly and the chorus loudly.

I notice you like to do a one note "trill" or "hump" 1 step above the note you end on. That is you hit say, an A, and slide up to B and back again. Unique and probably your preferred style. I wonder how it would sound if you slid up two or three steps. That is, an interval of I to III or I to IV. for example A to C or A to D and back again. Seeing as how this is a bluesy type of song, I would try the I to IV interval, A to D, and back, again.

You have good energy in your higher notes. And I like the songwriting. And totally love what sounds like a flanged guitar in the solo. High marks for use of timbres and the whole somber feeling of the song.

Archived