My attempt at Kelly Clarkson's version of Up to the Mountain

• TMV World Legacy Member

https://rapidshare.com/files/972548262/Male_Basic_10.aif

Not perfect, but it sounded better all the way through then the other ones. My biggest problems are the notes on "like ive been worKING", "though the sun SHINES, i see NOTHING at ALL, but i hear your SWEET voice", where they are in all caps. The two afraids before that second line normally sound better, but I'm normally good at those so I'm good on those. On sweet I would like to make a sound more like hers, and I can only do it occasionally but I normally either do what I did in this clip or the sound is more of a clear rock scream kind of sound and that just sounds weird in the song. Hope its good lol.

I usually put the audio into Windows Movie Maker, slap an image over the top and upload to Youtube. Then you can embed the video into your post.

Failing that, Box.net or Soundcloud.

Also, props for doing Kelly Clarkson, you actually gave me the idea for my other post. :P

I'm not a teacher. Please take my posts as mere suggestions.

I didn't think about doing what you suggested Spectrum, but now you just get to listen to me without a creepy picture of me xD. Also I listened back and some of the runs were sloppy too especially at the beginning lol.

LOL. Man, I've got a whole collection of wallpapers from InterfaceLIFT that I would use before a picture of myself. :P

Anyway, I listened to your recording. Could you elaborate on what you mean by 'problem notes'? Do those notes hurt, or do you think they sound bad? Because it sounded pretty good to me. ;)

I'm not a teacher. Please take my posts as mere suggestions.

No not hurt, just sounded bad to me, at least some parts, I did "like i've been working" a lot better than I normally do.. The line "though the sun shines, I see nothing at all" I am really close to falling off the notes the whole time and most the time I do, I guess I really just got to practice a little more on it. I'm planning on doing a video of "I Don't Believe You" by Pink soon too. Thanks for thinking it sounds good lol.

Archived