A nice ballad xD To present my voice

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello. I'm posting my latest recordings (from 8th July) to let you know where I stand vocally right now and get some more advice. I'm still a beginner, with a hard time finding songs to sing, but I'm happily going on my path of vocal development.

These two songs are from Lara Fabian, one in french and another in italian. I was trying to understand how language affects singing. I have a decent breath control, but it may be off sometimes. I'm improving my tuning, but it was off too in places. The vibratto was unstable in moments. I was trying to sing the "high" notes freely enough; in "La Lettre" I think I succeeded in the first one, but not so much in the second, while in "Adagio" I started thinking too much and messed up the end. I'm barely using my natural tone in Adagio, but it was intentional, although now I think I should have used more dynamics. And... what else can I self critique? Oh, whatever, I'll make you believe I have no self esteem, besides writing an awful lot :D

So...

Adagio -> http://www.box.net/shared/z3seo4dkj2

La Lettre -> http://www.box.net/shared/3rqc77c1l4

[color=black][i]Stuff.[/i][/color]

• 1 month later...

HI Anonimuzz, very good start as a beginner. I think you have great potential. You have great power too; just no control; you are singing too much from the chest too; you need to reach deeper into your diaphram...the end part of Adagio is out of control really... I detected numerous pitch related issues as well, not a deal breaker thou...

I know you can do soo much better than this; but you must see a good Voice instructor to help you work on basic fundementals...

"La Lettre" - Once again, not terrible, you would receive a round of applause around the dinner table singing for family and friends; but you would not get the gold ticket on American Idol yet.

You are not singing the high parts correctly; its not just to deliver with increased volume; its about textures, tones, smooth transitions...

It won't take you long to be a great singer; you have some work to do.

www.myspace.com/brtempleofsound
www.vamacoustics.com

• 2 weeks later...

Aha, I hate these recordings now. But I always do, so it doesn't matter. I'm not good with ballads, because they are very demanding with dynamics and expression, and little mistakes can easily ruin them, which often happens to me. But it's important to try different things. I'll make sure I'll work harder with my voice and follow your advice, which I already expected (that's a good sign for me; I'm more conscious of what I do wrong). I'll post new recordings in a couple months or so and I hope you listen to them too. Thanks a lot for your comment :)

[color=black][i]Stuff.[/i][/color]