Avenged Sevenfold - So Far Away

• TMV World Legacy Member

You're tightning your voice waaaay too much on the "I love you, you were ready..." parts.

Slightly out of tune. you have a pretty decent, strong high voice. Keep your voice from wavering too much on the "I need you to know..." parts.

The so far away parts were good.

You sound good, just practice on your intonation. Cheers (:

Just my personal feedback, btw. I ain't no pro or nothin.

Better to die quick, fighting on your feet
than to live forever, begging on your knees~

Ya, i know its slightly out of tune in some places. Anyway it was just a training recording.

What i found funny is that those higher parts are easier for me than those lower ones. It's kinda hard to keep them going with such a distortion and creacking - vowels problem?

High voice ? - That's a new thing for me.

Thank you for your advices :)

Oh. If that's the case, you want to let your voice be a little bit smoother. It'll sound a lot stronger without the distortion you're adding to it. That is not to say, remove it all together, but relax on the lower notes and ease yourself into the distortion. Your throat will get tighter and tighter as you use it if you don't release and relax a little; I know THAT much from learning the hard way, about 7 months ago. Damn well lost my voice for 3 days.

Practice makes not perfect, but better. (:

Best of luck man. No problem.

Better to die quick, fighting on your feet
than to live forever, begging on your knees~

Sounds f***ing amazing man. How does it feel though? Singing like this destroys my voice, but if you can do it, then keep at it!

There sounds like a fair bit of constriction. Maybe one point I would make is practise singing it as cleanly as possible, like a choir boy, but don't make it wimpy! Sing it cleanly and "proper" but not losing the support so that you tighten up. The aim is to be free. I think that if you can do it clean, and you can do it distorted, then you can work on that middle ground and find a nice balance that you'll be able to do healthily for many years to come.

Well it doesn't hurt at all. Finding the right place to start hurts, but once you find it's a piece of cake.

At the begining i was singing pop and jazz stuff cause i couldn't make any kind of rasp voice. It just takes practice. I want to be able to sing everything what I want, thts is my goal :). It doesn't matter if its pop or metal, simply everything :)

Thanks for advices :)

Archived